Our client is Driving Digital Transformation and Leading Change; this requires big thinkers who bring insight, knowledge, technical acumen and passion for innovation. We offer the opportunity to join a recognized leader in developing and delivering groundbreaking solutions for today’s dynamic global marketplace and an award-winning culture that fosters growth and leadership.
This is a data architect level position within our North American team. This position will collaborate within a team of technologists to produce enterprise scale solutions for our clients’ needs. Our teams work on the latest data technologies in the Cloud space including BigQuery, Redshift, Spark, etc.
- Deliver quality work on defined tasks with little oversight and direction.
- Ensure all deliverables are of high quality throughout the project by adhering to coding standards and best practices and participating in code reviews.
- Participate in integrated test sessions of components and subsystems on test and production servers.
- Serve as an architect and provide guidance during software development life cycle to solve business issues through the process of identifying and analyzing detailed requirements that translate into data integration and database system designs.
- Solve business issues through the process of identifying and analyzing detailed requirements that translate business requirements into technical system designs.
- Use information gained through prior experience, knowledge sharing with other Technology Associates, education and training to resolve issues and remove project barriers
- Provide status updates to team members on a regular basis and clearly escalate issues and risks to project management as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/professional experience is required.
- 10+ years in a data engineering role with demonstrable experience with data integration and data warehouse projects.
- Experience in column oriented database technologies (i.e. Big Query, Redshift, Vertica, etc.) and traditional database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience in data integration projects and automation via ETL Tools (i.e. Talend, Informatica, SSIS, etc.)
- Experience in data integration automation via Google DataFlow, Apache Beam, Spark, AWS EMR, etc. a huge plus.
- Experience architecting solutions in the cloud. Must have deep knowledge in data technologies in at least one cloud environment (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud).
- Experience with ML and/or AI services (i.e. Spark, AWS ML, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Experience with data modeling, warehouse design, and fact/dimension concepts.
- Experience architecting and building data marts, warehouses, etc.
- Experience working with different query languages (i.e. PL-SQL, T-SQL).
- Understanding of development and project methodologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams with other specialized individuals.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.