· Create and maintain optimal data architecture and data management solutions.
· Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
· Move data within an AWS cloud environment.
· Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using sql and aws big data technologies.
· Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
· Advanced working sql knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (sql) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
· Advanced Python knowledge
· Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
· Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
· Strong project management and organizational skills.
· Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
· 5+ years of experience in a data engineer role, with a graduate degree in computer science, statistics, informatics, information systems or another quantitative field.
· Strong experience using Docker or Kubernetes or similar container technologies.
· Experience supporting data in an AWS cloud environment