The Data Scientist we're looking to hire should love diving into massive data sets, searching for trends and answering questions about what makes the needle move. They will be interested in what makes content go viral and how users interact with social media. The successful candidate will also have a treasure trove of new ideas to help discover and sift through new data points to come up with actionable suggestions for improving the Institute’s work.
The Data Scientist is responsible for extracting, cleaning, and analyzing large datasets, as well as creating custom data sets to be used for research by the Institute. In addition to gathering new data from a variety of sources, the Data Scientist will also be responsible for managing pre existing datasets and ensuring that they are kept up to date.
1. Fluency with databases, scientific computing, predictive modeling and data analysis
2. A good communicator who can visualize insights
3. Good statistical skills with strong theoretical fundamentals
4. A team player
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platform
- Strong applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression,
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Familiarity with relational, distributed and NoSQL database environments
- Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task, set priorities, and follow