Location : Milwaukee, WI
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Required Education : Bachelor's
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Who You are …
You are a Technical Lead with expertise in application implementation and design including infrastructure, methodology, process, and tool stack. You thrive in environments where you are focused writing code that supports enterprise-grade architecture. You enjoy the experience of day-to-day technical leadership of a small team and gaining the respect of your teammates. You’re seeking to create a lasting impact in every opportunity, focusing on building software that sustains.
The DevSecOps Technical Lead is responsible for the design, implementation, and deployment of small DevSecOps engagements or sub-teams of large projects. The DevSecOps Technical Lead may be responsible for the day-to-day management of a small team, while maintaining a hands-on role in writing IaC code and other deliverables. In this role the Technical Lead is expected to routinely demonstrate their technical leadership while gaining the respect of their teammates.
For internal purposes this position is assigned a Career Advisor. While on a project this position reports to the Project Manager.
Required Qualifications :
• Assists in designing reference architectures related to containerized pipelines and orchestrated container platforms using platforms such as Azure Kubernetes Service, Elastic Kubernetes Service, and Docker Enterprise
• Creates IaC modules using Terraform and familiar with other IaC tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible
• Create secure pipelines scripts using tools like Azure DevOps, Jenkins, and Code Pipeline that integrate with secret management solutions like Vault, Azure Key Vault and AWS secret manager
• Assist with the design and implementation of cloud native RBAC solutions to secure Kubernetes with enterprise authentication and authorization platforms like Active Directory
• Act as primary technical liaison between application development, enterprise DevSecOps and Technical Operations teams.
• Passionate about new technologies with the goal of utilizing new technology to improve our customers platforms, enhance their current capabilities or deploy software faster in a cloud native way.
• Helps client to establish DevSecOps related metrics
• Identifies functional DevSecOps requirements and collaborates with Dev team to document
• Captures non-functional, constraining requirements as technical spikes using tools like Jira and Azure DevOps Boards
• Helps to groom the backlog and plan agile sprints
• Identifies and fill gaps in user story descriptions
• Outlines tasks associated with small technical initiatives
• Mentors client and company personnel on DevSecOps best practices related to “Crawl, Walk, Run” rollout and capability matrix.
• Works effectively with client personnel and the project team to resolve implementation issues
• Maintains a decision and risk list, works with Project Manager to develop risk management and operational maturity plans as needed
• Keeps the Project Manager informed of progress, set-backs and any new issues that may affect the ability to meet client expectations
• Gives advance notice to the Project Manager when requiring specific resources: hardware, software, training, supplies, etc.
• Obtains authorization from the Project Manager before working overtime hours
• Communicates client feedback and/or comments to the Project Manager
• Reinforces team approach throughout development efforts
• Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization
• Assists in the interview and new employee integration processes when asked and completes the associated paperwork in a timely fashion
• Participates in all programs and supports all policies relating to performance evaluations, career development planning, and time and expense management.
• BA or BS, preferably in computer science, engineering, or science/technology-based discipline
• Experience in matching the appropriate technologies to business needs
• Track record for providing technology innovation that offers value for clients - previous consulting experience is a plus
• Demonstrated technical leadership on a team project
• 5+ years of software development and/or related DevSecOps infrastructure design and administration
• Strong cloud platform solution architecture and design experience with Azure, AWS or GCP
• Demonstrated solid programming skills with IaC tooling, such as Terraform
• Strong understanding of cluster related networking, load-balancers, app/api gateways and reverse proxies
• Experience with Kubernetes Ingress controller or similar (i.e., Traefik)
• Understands and can differentiate between basic cloud architecture patterns and terminology such as ingress, egress, reverse proxy, sidecar (pattern), etc.
• Effectively communicates and interfaces with client and company personnel
• Uses effective and professional communication skills both verbal and written
• Effectively drives the work that needs to be completed with little direction
• Great attitude and commitment to get the job done
• Effective time management skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Has a proven record of fostering a positive working relationship between company and the client's internal staff
Key Job Characteristics:
• Demonstrated strong Infrastructure as code programming skills in a team environment.
• Demonstrated skills with Docker and Kubernetes platforms.
• Demonstrated skills related to application development, and cloud native operational security best practices.
• Proven and hands-on technical skills with code and continuous integration/deliver pipelines.
• Demonstrates DevOps technical leadership on a project team.
• Is innovative and looks for better, more efficient ways to utilize technology.
• Able to interface with and communicate with client executives and managers in a professional manner.