Director, Mergers & Acquisitions
Our Client isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then our client just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
Our Client is seeking a Director with business consulting and merger integration experience to join our rapidly growing Mergers & Acquisition practice. As a Director, you will serve clients in a variety of capacities, with a specific focus on selling and delivering value through integration readiness assessments, target due diligence, integration strategy and planning, and post-close integration management. In addition to selling and client service delivery, you will be an integral part of our team that helps shape our office culture and participates significantly in the entrepreneurial process of growing an office with strong double digit growth (strategy, recruiting, team building, practice development, etc.).
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Directors at our Client have three primary responsibilities:
- Business Development
- Hunt new strategic Private Equity clients – using existing relationships and other proven business development skills
- Initiate and lead business development meetings with prospective clients
- Understand investment needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete engagements and detailed proposals
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
- Attend networking events and actively build and leverage a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Practice Development
- Collaborate with local office leadership to define the office culture, strategic direction, and actively lead entrepreneurial activities in a new office environment
- Drive the development/enhancement of client’s methodologies and approaches to client delivery
- Coach and lead other consultants and actively participate in the performance management process
- Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
- Assist in developing M&A tools and processes
- Client Delivery:
- Lead teams serving clients across industries (with specific capabilities in mergers & acquisitions), while demonstrating executive presence with high level client counterparts
- Lead M&A transactions at any point in the M&A deal lifecycle
- Provide overall integration leadership to clients; including leading the IMO setup and management, leading various functional work streams, provide M&A mentoring to clients and internal resources tools
- Collaborate with all levels of management both internally and at client sites
- Work with engagement leadership to implement processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
- Work closely with the line of business owners to create new business processes
- Facilitate client workshops focused on driving deal value
- Understand the underlying business processes and technologies being used within an organization to be able to make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, or better support business processes
- Assess operational, IT, Finance and Human Resources investment strategies and compare respective operating models and organizational structures against leading practices and industry benchmarks
- Business Development
- Minimum of 15-18 years participating in team-based, client-facing business consulting
- Minimum of 7 years of running complex merger integration, operational and/or IT projects / people
- Functional expertise in finance, human resources, and IT preferred
- Knowledge and experience with private equity buyouts and/or strategic mergers and acquisitions a plus
- Related industry experience (e.g., Health care, life sciences, manufacturing & distribution, software, corporate development.)
- Proven business developer with extensive track record of prospecting new clients and maintaining existing clients
- Proven leader with extensive ability to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive team environment, and coach staff with timely meaningful written and verbal feedback
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, planning and analysis
- Experience farming new business from existing clients and managing client relationships
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality experience
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with the ability to hand multiple projects and priorities concurrently
- Ability to travel up to 50% is required
- You are authorized to work in the United States.
So, if you’re looking for an opportunity to flex your technical muscles in a high-energy, team-oriented environment where you own your career, we’d love to hear from you.