Director – Network & Telecommunications Engineering
Position: A hands-on expert responsible for leading, managing, architecting, building, deploying, operating, and optimizing the Network and Telecommunication products and services to enable efficient and effective delivery of reliable, cost-effective healthcare services and high quality experiences for patients, partners, providers and caregivers.
Scope of Responsibilities: Health System Network, Telecommunications, Facilities, Communication Systems and Device Integration
1) Strategic planning and roadmap to optimize assigned portfolio of products and services.
2) Plan, conceive, architect, design, acquire, build, adapt, implement and deploy secure, scalable and innovative solutions to solve complex problems.
3) Research, evaluate, assess feasibility with proof of concept, pilot new technologies, solutions and delivery models to transform products and services.
4) Plan, define, organize, staff, execute, manage, track, control projects to achieve objectives and realize approved roadmaps and initiatives.
5) Manage system and technology metadata and the full lifecycle of the assigned portfolio.
6) Ensure secure, fault tolerant, robust, reliable delivery of products and services and meet service levels.
7) Run, operate, manage, maintain, patch, upgrade systems, technologies and services in assigned portfolio.
8) Plan, define, adapt, implement, deploy and optimize processes, workflows, technologies to improve efficiency, productivity and effectiveness of operations.
9) Maintain accurate, up-to-date data in assigned portfolio of products and services.
10) Support planning, transformation and reconfiguration of hospital facilities.
11) Effectively manage vendors, contracts and maintenance agreements for products and services in assigned portfolio.
12) Track, report, manage and optimize Service Levels for products and services in assigned portfolio.
13) Define, document, design, build, test, and operationalize disaster recovery plans and capabilities, and mitigate business continuity risk.
14) Define, keep up-to-date and enforce policies, standard practices and operating procedures and ensure continuous compliance with applicable regulations and organizational policies and standards.
15) Create, track, manage, report and improve financial performance: Business Cases, ROI, TCO, Capital Requests, Opex budget and variance management.
· Bachelor degree required in Computer Science, Telecommunication, Industrial, Facilities, Biomedical Engineering, or closely related technical field from an accredited university.
· Master degree in Business Administration (MBA), Healthcare (MHA) or a technical field related to the position strongly preferred from a reputed university.
· ITSM ITIL, CMDB
· Network (CCNP, CCIE, CCA)
· Information Security (CISM, CISSP)
· PMI PMP, Agile Scrum, or Kanban preferred
· Lean Six Sigma preferred
· Must have 3+ year network and data center management experience
· 7+ year experience in planning, selecting, architecting, designing, instrumenting, deploying, operating, managing and maintaining network, telecom, telephony and communication systems.
Required Technical Experience/Skills
Fiber, Broadband, ISP, Microwave
WAN, MPLS, VLAN, SAN
Network, Routers, Switches, Wireless (Wi-Fi) Access Points
VoIP, SIP, PBX, Switch Board
Cisco Phone System, Cisco Meeting Server, Cisco Jabber Instant Messenger
Call Center Technologies: ADC, IVR
RTLS, RFID, BLE
Data Drops, Wiring and Cables
Asset Management; Equipment tracking