Director of Pricing
The Director of Pricing will lead Company’s Pricing Team to execute and enhance Company’s Pricing Strategies. This role must drive Company’s desire to price all items competitively to the online marketplace using an Everyday Competitive Price strategy.
The Director of Pricing must balance revenue growth with margin targets while remaining as true to the overall pricing philosophy as possible. As such, this role includes participation in the Company Leadership Team and requires partnership with organizations throughout Company including Marketing, E-commerce, IT, Finance and Customer Service.
The Director of Pricing will focus on daily pricing operations/execution while leading toward a vision for the long-term pricing needs of Company’s high growth business.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead the on-going evolution of Company’s pricing strategies and tools/processes needed to efficiently execute this strategy. Continually drive improvements to the effective implementation of the pricing tactics and strategy.
- Drive margin stability or improvement. Support revenue growth. Understand the evolving emphasis between these objectives and focus pricing activities accordingly.
- Lead a team of 6 – 8 Pricing Professionals who design and execute the Company Pricing Strategy. Develop the skills and experiences of these team members such that they continue to grow as Pricing professionals and contributors to Company’s success.
- Collaborate with the Company Product Managers to understand supplier and category specific pricing issues/opportunities.
- Collaborate with Company’s E-commerce team to understand channel specific pricing feedback, issues and opportunities.
- Partner with the Analytics Team to ensure pricing activities are supported by strong data analytics.
- Manage vendor relationships with companies that support Company’s pricing efforts with competitive pricing data and pricing analytics tools.
- Contribute to Revenue and Margin forecasting for current and future years.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MA/MS/MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in related field preferred.
- Proven experience in developing and executing pricing strategies, preferably in an e-commerce environment with large SKU assortments.
- Successful experience in helping to drive the overall success of businesses.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working across business functions i.e. Merchandising, Finance, Marketing, and Customer Service.
- Experience in developing financial analysis and implementing changes based upon analysis.
- Solid leader and self-motivated with proven ability to establish and sustain strong internal customer relationships and external customer knowledge and effectively balance customer needs with those of the business.
- Ability to manage change and influence others in order to reach stated objectives. Proven relationship-building skills to get desired results.
- Excellent communication and business writing skills. Ability to determine the appropriate amount of detail gained in research in order to present findings in an accurate, methodical, and concise manner.
- Good financial and analytical skills. Strong decision making and problem solving skills.