We are looking for an Enterprise Architect to develop and deliver against business driven IT strategies. The Enterprise Architect will be a primary driver of projects defined by the strategies and own the Enterprise Architecture program deliverables. He/She will maintain an in-depth view of the organization’s technologies, architectures, and data assets. This person will also play a key role providing guidance to domain architects on project delivery. Additionally, he/she must understand the business context of data in order to drive the data governance program and devise methods for ensuring data quality. This role will work closely with key stakeholders across IT as well as our business strategy team to deliver next generation capabilities and ensure IT projects are delivered according to enterprise IT standards.
· Deliver Business Driven IT strategies as defined by IT leadership.
· Partner with the Business Data Architect to drive the Data Governance committee.
· Influence and guide domain architects within their respective technologies as dotted line reports, to ensure holistic solutions across the enterprise. Domain architects include but are not limited to BI Solution Architect, JDE Architect, Salesforce Architect, Security Architect, Server Architect.
· Own and mature the IT Architecture Review Board process.
· Maintain the enterprise portfolio of applications and technologies.
· Work closely with program leads communicate upcoming technology risk
· Provide strategic consultation to the Program Teams, identify ways to apply new or existing technologies for support of business initiatives.
· Working with the technical resources, evaluate existing and emerging technologies for applicability to business solutions, present business cases for evaluation, and implement prototypes or POCs to validate expected value
· Deliver the Data Strategy roadmap and continue to refine the strategy in response to business objectives.
· Define methods for measuring and improving data quality.
· Provide guidance for and collaborate with development teams actively involved in project delivery.
· Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints that are used to communicate decisions, goals and strategies.
· Own the governance for architectural standards and apply influence across the software development teams to ensure alignment and application of best practices.
· Consistently demonstrate and promote company core values at all times.
· Maintain and improve skills by attending workshops, reviewing publications, participate in professional societies, and independently search out tools and exercises for professional growth.
- Must be inherently empathetic to business needs and have ability to influence and negotiate through to solutions that make appropriate trade-offs between project delivery efficiency and adherence to IT strategies.
- Ability to design architectural solutions in an Agile delivery environment. This includes understanding minimum viable product from both the business and IT standpoint to ensure delivered solutions support future features without rework.
- Highly proficient in SQL and data mining / discovery tools.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills amongst key stakeholders. Skilled in preparing and delivering documentation such as data flow, logical, and physical diagrams consumption by IT stakeholders.
- Can explain in business terms the definition of data entities and how they are used / transferred through the technical landscape
- Self-confident with the demonstrated ability to drive change and challenge the status quo
- Facilitation, conflict management, negotiation, and consensus building skills
- High energy, creative, self-motivated and independent
- 2+ years experience in data governance, MDM implementations, or big data analytic projects
- 5+ years as a solution architect in either the integration or data domains.
- 8+ years experience within the IT Field overall.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Ability to work/execute on multiple projects and prioritize accordingly.
- Understanding of data integration patterns and methods.
- Deep experience with at least one major database platform (Prefer MS SQL).
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field.