The Enterprise Architect will be a member of the Technology Architecture team and contribute to the design, maintenance, enhancement, communication and governance of the enterprise technology architecture. The Enterprise Architect will be required to develop and maintain a holistic understanding of the organization’s technology landscape and must possess expertise in designing and delivering architecture frameworks and solution patterns primarily using the Microsoft technology stack. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, organized and analytical and should be capable of managing competing priorities.
Strategy & Planning
- Works as part of the Technology team to accomplish Association goals. Supports all internal team members and departments following the Association mission and values while promoting Association culture.
- Recommends and participates in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of Enterprise Architecture strategies, processes, methodologies and models.
- Assess the immediate and long term strategic goals of the organization and participate in managing the technology roadmap.
- Influence development teams to develop and implement high quality technology solutions that meet the Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Identify implementation risks of technology solutions and analyze impact on achieving desired business outcomes.
- Maintain the definition and documentation of architectural standards, reference architectures, processes and operating models.
- Develop high-level architecture design documents to facilitate integration of in-house development project and/or vendor based application within the existing enterprise architecture.
- Develop and maintain best practices policies/procedures for the technical implementations developed within the enterprise.
- Define development guidelines and standards to be used in application development and integration.
- Analyze the current application architecture to identify pain points and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Proactively identify potential project issues and risks, present alternatives and mitigation strategies while alleviating or resolving road blocks as needed.
- Promote the development of common reusable enterprise technology solutions.
- Promote the adoption of the Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) to raise security awareness in application development.
- Ensure technology solutions are aligned to solution patterns, application frameworks and the technology roadmap.
- Drive the development and implementation of new standards in areas such as: Application error logging, Performance testing, Security, Event management, Web UI Framework, .NET Design Standards, Application To Application communication, Caching, etc.
- Stay informed on the current technology trends and the changing technology landscape.
- Socialize information with technology team members on new technology trends, products and emerging design patterns.
- Identify and recommend new solutions for research and participate in proof of concept initiatives to explore new architectural strategies.
- Works on special projects and other duties as required helping to promote department’s success.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; 10 or more years work experience.
- Job-related experience: Minimum 10 year experience working with the Microsoft technology stack - .NET, MVC, C#, SQL Server, Entity framework, Web API, WCF services, Azure. Experience using version control products such as Azure DevOps, Git and SVN.
- Knowledge of the design and implementation relational databases, with hands-on experience using SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge of security (risks and threats, authentication, authorization, certificates, encryption) and familiarity with OWASP.
- Must have 3+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in agile software development and testing methodologies, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- Proven experience in designing and developing multi-tiered enterprise systems. Experience prototyping and performance tuning applications deployed across multiple platforms.
- Advanced knowledge with respect to mobile and cloud computing and experience in migrating on premise workloads to the cloud.
- Experience with Salesforce.com platform and the NetSuite (ERP + CRM) platform is desired.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Knowledge of applicable security practices and laws.