Full Stack Software Engineer (Python/ Vue)
Our client is an automated underwriting platform for real estate professionals that was built to disrupt the commercial real estate industry. The software allows investors, brokers, and lenders to analyze rent, operating expenses and returns for multifamily properties by applying machine learning to a database of live multifamily transaction data from every U.S. market.
Our client has a creative and entrepreneurial culture – everyone on the team interacts directly with customers each day, and we all contribute to the product and planning. If you have an idea to improve something, there is no red tape… just build what needs to be built! Innovation and passion for transforming the old-fashioned real estate industry are our highest priorities.
The role will include the delivery of reliable, scalable new features to users, developed in Python, interacting with a PostgreSQL database and using the Vue.js frontend framework. You will work with the development team to develop, test and deliver finished, high quality, compelling features and products. Our team includes designers, engineers and data scientists who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. If you are ready to join a company that fosters learning, growth, experimentation and innovation, our client's team is for you.
- 3-5 years of experience in full stack Python development
- 1-3 years of experience with PostgreSQL
- 1-2 years of experience integrating with VBA and Excel integration preferred
- Experience using GitHub and solid understanding of software version control
- Familiarity with JIRA or equivalent product management software
- Familiarity with agile development best practices
- Driven self-starter able to work on a small team and take initiative on new tasks
- Familiarity with real estate or finance is a plus
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team of data scientists, software engineers and real estate professionals
- Strive for high quality and rapid output utilizing agile development best practices
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality
- Maintain industry standard coding, compliance, & security practices
- Proactively learn product frameworks and code base
Our client is a startup company, and as such the responsibilities outlined above may change and evolve over time. Flexibility, curiosity, an entrepreneurial mindset, and strong work ethic are essential for this role. It is encouraged that everyone on the team continually research new technologies and analytical opportunities to improve the platform.