Help Desk I/II
HOURS: 7:30am to 4:00pm Monday-Friday
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for acting as primary interface for ensuring continuity of the Firm’s computer systems by providing technical expertise and assistance to resolve technical problems. Maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters. Duties to include but not limited to the following:
- Serve as the first point of contact for Firm employees and/or clients seeking technical hardware and software assistance via telephone, email, in-person, or voicemail. This position is primarily phone and email support; strong ability to multi-task by remaining available on phone, managing and responding to incoming Help Desk email, attending to in-person requests, and completing other IT-generated tasks.
- Ability to effectively vet, collect, and evaluate detailed information from end-users to determine method of resolution; log pertinent information and specific details gathered from end-user and categorize, and prioritize requests in the Help Desk ticketing system, ensuring information entered is accurate, descriptive, readable, and grammatically correct.
- Analyze problems in order to: (1) resolve hardware/software solutions by telephone or email; or (2) if issue cannot be resolved at 1st level decide proper level of escalation either to higher level of technical staff, or IT Management
- Maintain a high level of courteous customer service and patience at all times with ability to anticipate end-users’ needs.
- Communicate professionally with end-users the status of problem resolution ensuring satisfactory outcome.
- High school diploma or equivalent and two or more years concentrated Help Desk experience preferably in a law firm environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification in Microsoft Office is desired. MTA, MCSA Windows10, or A+ Certification desired.
- Proficiency in the operation and use of computers with advanced technical knowledge and experience working with various systems and software including, but not limited to, Windows 10,
- iManage (Document Management System), Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, Adobe Acrobat, Cisco Jabber, internet web browsers, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Console (SCCM), RSA Security Console, Active Directory, ServiceNow, Windows Remote Desktop Connection, Cisco IP phones, Cisco Finesse Agent Desktop (ACD), Cisco Unified Communications/Self Care Portal, MS Exchange Admin Center, Trend Micro InterScan Messaging Security Virtual Appliance, basic knowledge of mobile devices including iOS and android, as well as proficiency troubleshooting remote access applications such as Cisco AnyConnect (VPN), VMWare (VDI) and Citrix using remote control tools such as Bomgar or SCCM Remote Control Viewer.
- Proactive with the ability to identify, define, and analyze complex computer/technical issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions. Perform remote troubleshooting through remote control tools while asking pertinent questions.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative with demonstrated troubleshooting, follow-through, and critical-thinking skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a demanding, fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment, and make decisions based upon results of research.
- Ability to function in stressful situations and think strategically and analytically to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and/or provide successful alternative methods until permanent resolution can be found.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills requiring an aptitude for detail and accuracy with extensive knowledge of hardware and software applications in order to provide computer technical assistance and resolve technical problems.
- Ability to master Firm and Help Desk procedures, policies, and technology, including back-end of IT infrastructure; maintain current knowledge of Firm technology and proactively learn new technology. Provide accurate information on Firm technology or IT services to end-users.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy; efficiently follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to provide technical support and information to a diverse group of users having different levels of computer expertise including attorneys, support staff, and clients.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Ability to act independently and make decisions within scope of the position’s responsibilities. Display the utmost professionalism at all times with team members as well as end-users.
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish information in report format, written correspondence, e‑mail, or verbally.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computer, printers, telephone, scanner, photocopier, calculator, facsimile, etc.