Help Desk Technician
he Help Desk Technician is responsible for acting as primary interface for ensuring continuity of the Firm’s computer systems by providing technical expertise and assistance to resolve technical problems. Maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters. Duties to include but not limited to the following:
- Serve as the first point of contact for Firm employees and/or clients seeking technical hardware and software assistance via telephone, email, in-person, or voicemail.
- This position is primarily phone and email support; strong ability to multi-task by remaining available on phone, managing and responding to incoming Help Desk email, attending to in-person requests, and completing other IT-generated tasks.
- Ability to effectively vet, collect, and evaluate detailed information from end-users to determine method of resolution; log pertinent information and specific details gathered from end-user and categorize, and prioritize requests in the Help Desk ticketing system, ensuring information entered is accurate, descriptive, readable, and grammatically correct.
- Analyze problems in order to: (1) resolve hardware/software solutions by telephone or email; or (2) if issue cannot be resolved at 1st level decide proper level of escalation either to higher level of technical staff, or IT Management
- Maintain a high level of courteous customer service and patience at all times with ability to anticipate end-users’ needs.
- Communicate professionally with end-users the status of problem resolution ensuring satisfactory outcome.
- Prior experience in a large legal or professional services environment highly desirable.
- Proficiency working with MS Office 2016, ServiceNow, XEN/Citrix, VMWare VDI, Cisco VPN, RSA SecurID Administrative tools, iManage/Interwoven, SCCM and Bomgar Remote Control, efax, administrative/support tools, Active Directory, audio/video equipment, smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices. “Hands on” experience with system support, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of desktop/laptop software/hardware. Basic knowledge of LAN/WAN/WLAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS preferred.
- Proactive with the ability to identify, define, and analyze detailed support issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions. Ability to interpret technical instructions or diagram.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills requiring an aptitude for detail, precision, and logic with comprehensive knowledge of desktop support in a Windows 10 - Office 2016 networked environment in order to provide technical assistance and problem resolution to the various Firm applications and systems.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative with demonstrated troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills in order to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and consistently changing work environment with the ability to make decisions based upon results of research.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy and efficiently follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to provide technical support and training to a diverse group of users having different levels of computer expertise including attorneys, support staff, and clients. In addition, maintain effective relationships with vendors and consultants.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Ability to act independently and make decisions within scope of the position’s responsibilities.
Excellent organizational skills including record-keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish information in report format, written correspondence, e‑mail, or verbally.