Identity and access management (IAM) is the business processes that facilitates the management of electronic or digital identities. The responsibilities include the organizational policies for managing digital identity as well as the technologies needed to support identity management including all the necessary controls and tools to capture and record user login information, manage user identities and the assignment and removal of access privileges.
- Develop and maintain the Identity and Access Management systems and standards.
- Oversee daily quality checks that IAM staff and systems are performing tasks correctly.
- Lead and participate in information technology projects.
- Develop process documentation for Identity and Access Management activities.
- Serve as an escalation resource for the Identity and Access Management team. Cross-train the team in order to backfill and backup peers as needed.
- Develop departmental metrics; assist leadership to assure strategic and personal goals are being met.
- Follow ITSM Standards set forth by IT Leadership for incident management, change management, release management, problem management and request management.
- Proficient at the on-call process and be able to quickly escalate if needed.
- Participate in audits and investigations; provide meaningful evidence.
- Knowledge of computer principles normally acquired through an Associates/Bachelors in Computer Science or similar
- 6 years’ experience in a related field.
- Exceptional knowledge of IT concepts including: risk, cybersecurity, governance, compliance, operating systems, databases, networking, application and web technologies.
- Exceptional computer skills utilizing and supporting MS Office and MS Exchange/Outlook.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of organization and vendors.
- Ability to follow and mentor department policies, standards, procedures and guidelines for Identity and Access Management activities.
- Demonstrated skills in project management, teamwork, critical thinking, and continuous process improvement.
- Maintain a professional level of both written and oral communications.