IIoT Software Engineer
Looking for a self-motivated (takes ownership and drives initiatives to completion) and detail-oriented IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) Software Engineer. The IIoT Software Engineer is responsible for testing and documentation of the components produced. This position has key responsibility to perform specific engineering design and analytical tasks for proper selection and application of integration solutions for a variety of mechanical products like Industrial Gearboxes, Chains, Couplings, etc. The ideal candidate for this position likes to work as part a team delivering new Internet of Things solutions to the Industrial customer space, yet can also work autonomously and can handle several projects at once.
A qualified candidate will be competent in software engineering best practices such as S.O.L.I.D. principles, Object Oriented design, and Agile/SCRUM project environments. Software components will be developed primarily in Java. Preferred candidates should also be familiar with MQTT, serial Modbus protocol, Apache Kafka, Docker, and Kubernetes.
· Design cutting edge Digital Solutions for the company’s wide range of mechanical products
· Review internal and external customer requirements and design software components to meet these needs
· Integrate components into hardware and web/mobile based portal solutions
· Troubleshooting connectivity based systems
· Share technical solutions with other company product management, engineering, operations and commercial sales teams
· Participate in market research, promotion, advertising activities, trade shows, employee training, and product modification or development as required.
· Bachelor’s Degree (Electronics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering) from an accredited university)
· Two years of experience with Linux, Java, C or C++; Five years preferred
· Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafta, S.O.L.I.D., Agile/SCRUM development environment
· Experience with MQTT, Modbus serial and TCP/IP, EtherNet/IP, PROFINET communications
· Strong communication skills to interact verbally and in writing with a variety of internal and external customers
· Strong problem solving skills
· Ability to read and interpret design documentation as well as customer specifications
· Computer proficiency in MS Office
· Flexibility with work hours to maintain a minimal backlog.
· Up to 15% domestic and international travel may be required
· Previous engineering experience working in heavy equipment industries preferred
Capabilities and Success Factors
Cultivates Innovation - Demonstrated bias towards bringing new technologies and solutions to an existing product portfolio
Communicates Effectively - Communicates thoughts, ideas, information and messages in a logical, organized and coherent manner; ideas are well developed with supporting information and examples
Decision Quality - Provides impact analysis and alternatives so management can understand the implications and decide on alternatives (e.g. risk, change, scope and approach)
Decision Quality - Considers several explanations and multiple solutions then forming logical conclusions
Strategic Mindset - Considers long term as well as immediate short-term outcomes and actions
Customer Focus - Recognizes the impact of cost and quality on competitiveness, customer satisfaction and profitability
Optimizes Work Processes - Focuses on continuous improvement of processes