Information Security Analyst
Job Type :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Bachelor's Degree Required
Job Description :
Information Security Analyst I
|The Information Security Analyst will work with a team to oversee the network and computer security posture for the organization to ensure that client's business and mission objectives are not adversely impacted by threats and vulnerabilities. |
Ideal Candidates will have:
* 2-5 years experienced in Security Engineering or Security Analysis
* DLP (Data Loss Prevention) a plus
* Experience verifying vulnerability a plus
- Execute daily security processing routines and reporting.
- Support and maintain security-related systems (e.g. IDS, scanners, sniffers, etc.).
- Serve as a security resource to users of the system.
- Provide security training to new staff.
- Apply INFOSEC best practices and principles to network protocols, architectures, equipment, services, standards and technology.
- Identify vulnerabilities and configuration issues.
- Monitor websites for security alerts, news bulletins and vendor advisories.
Required Qualifications :
- At least one years' experience working in a Windows environment. Knowledge of Windows security settings and controls required.
- A college degree (i.e. B.A. Information Systems or B.S. Computer Science) or industry certification (e.g. Security+, GSEC, or others) preferred.
- Knowledge of current security threats and have understanding of basic security standards, practices, procedures and tools (e.g. AV & malware scanners).
- Knowledge of FISMA/NIST standards beneficial.
- Exhibit a high-level of attention to detail.