Infrastructure Engineering Director
This position will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving infrastructure issues, implementing upgrades, maintaining patch levels and monitoring the system and data network health in a fast-paced healthcare franchise company. The position takes ownership of projects and assignments, actively managing them to successful completion. Maintains Business Communications Systems and provides hands on Tier II/III support for Infrastructure Systems. Builds and maintains strategic infrastructure plans that effectively mitigates risk while supporting the company’s growth objectives. After hours support on an as needed basis is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer and provide support for key network systems including; Domain Servers, remote VPN access, intranet/extranet hosting, and telephony. Install, upgrade and maintain network hardware, operating systems and software as needed. Execute enterprise deployments of updates and patches.
- Administer VMWare environment/ 50+ Windows servers.
- Ensure data backup and replication processes are performed, documented and tracked.
- Ensure monitoring and alerting processes are in place to detect service outages or degradations.
- Develop and maintain a security plan to identify risks and mitigation plans, coordinating vulnerability tests and execute steps to continually strengthen the organization’s security posture.
- Monitor and administer the network (Solarwinds experience preferred), documenting configuration and design. Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems.
- Provide clarification to internal and external customers regarding network architecture, evaluation of related hardware and software products and network problem resolution.
- Document network procedures and practices while providing audit documentation as required.
- Develop strong understanding of IT and business goals, priorities and technology needs through frequent interaction with peers and senior leadership.
- Develop, implement and maintain infrastructure and security policies, programs and procedures
- Responsible for providing and executing on strategic infrastructure improvement plans, while managing hardware and software budgets for the company.
- Responsible for managing the activities and performance of assigned staff
- Build and maintain performance metric dashboards and scorecards, identifying trends and action steps to maintain required SLAs.
- Stays current on new industry technology and trends
- Maintain DR plans to ensure business critical functions are recoverable, and that DR testing is successfully performed.
- Builds strong infrastructure vendor relationships, maintaining vendor scorecards and coordinating escalations for vendor related service incidents.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years systems core networking experience
- Experience directly managing technical staff
- Information Security Certification is a plus (CompTIA+ or CISSP)
- Direct Knowledge of Windows Server Management (Web and Domain), Wireless Security Protocols and Systems Management
- Excellent hardware / network troubleshooting experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN and WLAN Support and Administration.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Experience with Cisco Switches/ Cisco ASA Firewalls, SolarWinds, Avaya VolP Systems
- Experience with environment monitoring tools (SolarWinds)
- Experience implementing continuous integration/continuous delivery models
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization to determine needs/issues
- Able to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to meet objectives and/or key deadlines
- CCNA Certification is a plus
- Experience building multi-year infrastructure strategies, roadmaps and plans with a successful track record of delivery of strategic plans.
- Experience leading migrations to cloud based solution providers.
- Ability to think strategically (big picture) based on business needs and to execute detailed tasks (hands-on) as required.