IT Engineer - Endpoint Management
The Endpoint Management Engineer is responsible for the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) infrastructure endpoint objectives such as application package creation/deployments, security compliance, reporting, Windows 10 servicing updates, operating system deployment and patch management. The Engineer will also support aspects of the Windows Server operating system in the data center environment. In general the job also entails successfully managing initiatives related to the implementation of all individually assigned infrastructure components. The engineer is responsible for the management and oversight of endpoint IT devices and acts as a key technical member for various project teams. The incumbent is responsible for providing infrastructure support across multiple disparate technologies as part of the standard escalation procedure. The engineer possesses expert level knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and endpoint management technologies such as SCCM as well as basic familiarity with virtualization, compute, and storage technologies. The position holder also anticipates IT industry direction and makes recommendations to support current and future infrastructure needs and projects.
● Recommends, plans and manages the implementation of hardware and software as they relate to assigned infrastructure components.
● Possesses excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
● Creates and deploys software packages using diverse software packaging techniques.
● Oversees endpoint related Microsoft and 3rd party patching initiatives using SCCM
● Generates compliance and inventory reports for all endpoint deployments (patching, applications, scripts, updates, etc.)
● Develops and manages Operating System Deployment task sequences/OS images and interfaces with warehousing vendor.
● Facilitates and maintains Windows 10 servicing update objectives
● Familiar with Cloud concepts
● Functional understanding of virtualization, storage, compute, and network technologies
● Participates in various IT projects intended to continually improve/upgrade the infrastructure, such as evaluation of new software and hardware required to meet a business need or to make a process more cost effective.
● Accountable for the successful delivery of assigned projects; provides accurate and consistent status reports.
● Extensively test software patches, application deployments, servicing updates, and operating system deployment task sequences/images.
● Interfaces with project team and Infrastructure Group members to ensure assigned project charters are consistent with Group objectives and goals; applies program management approach to all project related activities.
● Researches new technologies for infrastructure strategies and other related projects; evaluates and recommends new software or systems to meet company requirements; manages the implementation of changes in such systems.
● Manages the maintenance of infrastructure; ensures compatibility and compliance with regulations, contracts and licensing agreements.
● Understands Active Directory Infrastructure and Windows Server operating systems
● Manages client PCs operating systems at an expert level.
● Develops and maintains procedures and ensures documentation exists for all aspects of installations and operation.
● Provides input to the establishment of technical standards and procedures.
● Acts as liaison between company and vendors, as needed.
● Provides third level support to IT personnel and end users, as necessary.
● Performs situation analysis and makes recommendations for solving problems.
● Focuses on the provision of a stable performance environment, enterprise-wide, by monitoring and analyzing problems that occur, ensuring they are identified and solved as rapidly and efficiently as possible.
● Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public.
● Performs other duties, as necessary
The Company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor limit the Company’s right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience is acceptable. Minimum of five years related experience in enterprise level IT environments performing infrastructure engineering, planning, implementation and management using the latest technology. Microsoft MCSA Certification preferred. Minimum of one year experience in project management is needed. Significant experience and knowledge in new computing infrastructures is needed. Requires expert knowledge of information systems. Experience in creating and defining new architectural models and explaining complex problems or situations is essential. Comfort with making project decisions, monitoring progress and reporting results is essential. Must have the ability to assist in the planning of infrastructure requirements two to four years in advance. Excellent technical knowledge and aptitude in the areas of SCCM, Microsoft Operating Systems, Active Directory, DNS, network file servers, applicable software, and troubleshooting techniques. Must be familiar with general Cloud Infrastructure platforms and understand compute, storage, network, and virtualization derivatives. The ability to interact with vendors such as company Cloud Infrastructure MSP and handle trouble tickets and maintenance from start to finish is crucial. Must have the ability to solve infrastructure issues and to manage the associated performance and capacity. Demonstrated experience in effectively managing projects in a cross-functional environment. Experience in effectively communicating with a broad base of end users and multiple management layers is needed. Ability to modify and create scripts (powershell, VB, batch). Must have the ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs. Ability to anticipate user requirements and identify and resolve complex problems; strong customer service skills. Good judgment and analytical skills; strong follow-up and organizational skills. Must have the ability to conduct and prepare feasibility studies; including estimates for costs, time and resources; prepare statistical reports; complete cost/benefit analysis and conduct business.