IT Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
The IT Manager Infrastructure Engineering is responsible for planning, directing and overseeing the daily operations and activities of the Infrastructure Department that include updating, maintaining and monitoring all network systems while also managing a 3rd party infrastructure hosting supplier.
This position will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving infrastructure issues, implementing upgrades, maintaining patch levels and monitoring the system and data network health in a fast-paced healthcare franchise company. The position takes ownership of projects and assignments, actively managing them to successful completion. Maintains Business Communications Systems and provides hands on Tier II/III support for Infrastructure Systems. Builds and maintains strategic infrastructure plans that effectively mitigates risk while supporting the company’s growth objectives. After hours support on an as needed basis is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer and provide support for key network systems including; Domain Servers, remote VPN access, intranet/extranet hosting, and telephony. Install, upgrade and maintain network hardware, operating systems and software as needed. Execute enterprise deployments of updates and patches.
- Administer VMWare environment/ 50+ Windows servers.
- Ensure data backup and replication processes are performed and documented.
- Ensure monitoring and alerting processes are in place to detect service outages or degradations.
- Develop and maintains a security plan to identify ongoing risks and associated mitigation plans.
- Monitor and administer the network (Solarwinds experience preferred), documenting configuration and design. Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems.
- Provide clarification to internal and external customers regarding network architecture, evaluation of related hardware and software products and network problem resolution.
- Document network procedures and practices while providing audit documentation as required.
- Develop strong understanding of IT and business goals, priorities and technology needs through frequent interaction with peers and senior leadership.
- Develop, implement and maintain infrastructure and security policies, programs and procedures
- Responsible for providing strategic infrastructure plans while managing hardware and software budgets for the company.
- Responsible for managing the activities and performance of assigned staff
- Build and maintain performance metric dashboards and scorecards, identifying trends and action steps to maintain required SLAs.
- Stays current on new industry technology, developments and trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years systems core networking experience
- Experience directly managing technical staff
- Direct Knowledge of Windows Server Management (Web and Domain), Wireless Security Protocols and Systems Management
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN and WLAN Support and Administration.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Experience with Cisco Switches/ Cisco ASA Firewalls, SolarWinds, Avaya VolP Systems
- Experience with environment monitoring tools (SolarWinds)
- Experience implementing continuous integration/continuous delivery models
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization to determine needs/issues
- Able to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to meet objectives and/or key deadlines
- CCNA Certification is a plus
- Experience building strategic infrastructure plans and roadmaps
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies with a proven track record of successful infrastructure project execution