IT Manager – NextGen EMR
The IT Manager – NextGen EMR directs and manages the IT operations in support of the Ambulatory Service Lines. This individual is responsible for planning, design, development, configuration, implementation, maintenance, enhancements, upgrades, patching and support of the NextGen EMR platform and integration with related systems and services. This manager is responsible for ensuring successful day to day IT operations and customer support for Ambulatory Practice Management, Revenue Cycle and Clinical Service Lines. The IT Manager must be an excellent communicator, leader, and decision maker, coordinator of critical issues and driver of solutions who excels in a fast-paced environment and provides unparalleled support and training to the end user base.
1) Strategic planning and roadmap to optimize assigned portfolio of products and services.
2) Plan, conceive, architect, design, acquire, build, adapt, implement and deploy secure, scalable and innovative solutions to solve complex problems.
3) Research, evaluate, assess feasibility with proof of concept, pilot new technologies, solutions and delivery models to transform products and services.
4) Plan, define, organize, staff, execute, manage, track, control projects to achieve objectives and realize approved roadmaps and initiatives.
5) Manage system and technology metadata and the full lifecycle of the assigned portfolio.
6) Ensure secure, fault tolerant, robust, reliable delivery of products and services and meet service levels.
7) Run, operate, manage, maintain, patch, upgrade systems, technologies and services in assigned portfolio.
8) Plan, define, adapt, implement, deploy and optimize processes, workflows, technologies to improve efficiency, productivity and effectiveness of operations.
9) Maintain accurate, up-to-date data in assigned portfolio of products and services.
10) Support planning, transformation and reconfiguration of hospital facilities.
11) Effectively manage vendors, contracts and maintenance agreements for products and services in assigned portfolio.
12) Track, report, manage and optimize Service Levels for products and services in assigned portfolio.
13) Define, document, design, build, test, and operationalize disaster recovery plans and capabilities, and mitigate business continuity risk.
14) Define, keep up-to-date and enforce policies, standard practices and operating procedures and ensure continuous compliance with applicable regulations and organizational policies and standards.
15) Create, track, manage, report and improve financial performance: Business Cases, ROI, TCO, Capital Requests, Opex budget and variance management.
- At least 5 year hands-on experience with NextGen EMR. Experience with supporting patient journey, patient access, admitting, registration, insurance verification, scheduling, coding, billing, patient financial services, and physician practice management modules in NextGen EMR required.
· Experience with clinical application life cycle management required.
· Experience with mapping business and clinical process capability to IT systems and applications.
· Experience with clinical application portfolio rationalization, standardization and transformation to a hybrid-cloud and SAAS ecosystem across multi-site health system required.
· Experience as product owner/product manager with understanding, documenting and communicating product vision, prioritizing customer needs, creating customer journey maps and optimizing workflows, building product roadmaps, backlog grooming and release planning, and delivering value utilizing Agile/Scrum methods.
· Demonstrated experience leading continuous improvement initiatives with optimizing clinical workflows and standardizing clinical practice and process to reduce clinical variation and improve clinical quality/outcomes in an acute care hospital setting.
· Proven experience leading complex decision making with selection of enterprise-wide IT platforms and vendor solutions.
· Demonstrated experience with reviewing, analyzing and comparing product features, financials/TCO (Capex and Opex) and contract terms and conditions, scoring and ranking alternatives and options, creating program cost and schedule estimates, and presenting findings and recommendations to executive committee.
· Outstanding program management expertise with leading detailed planning, defining execution approach, selecting consulting partners for acute care EMR implementation, upgrade, and migration projects.
· Extensive experience leading acute-care clinical systems transformation, EMR fit-gap analysis, workflow design, implementation, systems integration, data conversion, deployment and rollout at a multi-site hospital system.
· Experience leading post go-live EMR stabilization and optimization phase at an acute care hospital system.
· Experience with managing vendors and negotiating contracts, pricing, term and conditions, service levels.
· Experience as a System Architect desirable. Business process reengineering, workflow optimization and consulting experience preferred. Experience with Meditech Expanse preferred.
· Experience in SDLC, ITIL process framework, Lean Six Sigma, PMI PMBOK/PMP, Agile, Scrum, Kanban
· Nextgen EMR
· CMS Quality Reporting requirements
· ITSM ITIL: ServiceNow or SysAid
· Jira, VersionOne, or SmartSheet
· Advanced level expertise with Excel.
· Kaufman Hall Axiom budget management
· ITIL ITSM
· Lean Six Sigma
· PMI PMP, Agile Scrum, Kanban