IT PMO Director – Agile Transformation
Provide hands-on leadership and management to a variety of strategic initiatives and special projects across Sinai Health System. This role will also provide executive level business support to the CIO in executing business strategies.
1) Define, implement and refine IT governance, PMO and Agile/iterative development processes, standards, stage gates, templates, methods, tools and techniques to improve quality and predictability of outcomes.
2) Manage project portfolio, demand intake, prioritization, execution of projects from inception to launch to transition to operations.
3) Work with stakeholders to understand business strategy, create and maintain roadmaps, and define business architecture, capability maps, and value streams. Map current and future business and operational needs to best in class technology infrastructure and solutions aimed at improving time to market, reducing operational risk, and increasing business value.
4) Gather and compile detailed cost estimates for IT programs and projects showing multi-year Capex and Opex needs. Create and present business cases with TCO and ROI for approval.
5) Lead prioritization and execution of approved initiatives, track KPIs, report progress and publish monthly executive dashboards.
6) Identify customer needs and objectives, define product scope and features, specify MVP and solution requirements, document user stories and acceptance criteria, estimate and manage backlog, create release and sprint plans, and deliver new functionality in a rapid, iterative, test and learn fashion.
7) Develop solution alternatives, schedule and cost estimates, capital requests, proposals and SOWs for approval. Create and deliver presentations to senior leadership in support of technology strategy, investments, and initiatives.
8) Own full product development process: customer need and problem identification, solution design and scoping, development, UAT, QA, go-live plan and decision, implementation, adoption, validation, post-release monitoring, analytics and reporting.
9) Clearly define objectives, coordinate with vendors, and lead execution of Proof of Concepts (POCs) and test & learn pilots to investigate issues, accelerate learning and confirm feasibility.
10) Drive project execution; track and report progress, triage and prioritize issue/defect resolution, take ownership of change management, proactively seek and resolve blockers. Manage product releases and upgrades, and handover to support and operational teams.
11) Develop, implement, assess, streamline, redesign and optimize IT processes and workflows. Execute opportunities to simplify and automate manual processes to drive accuracy and completeness, from small tweaks to complete reengineering.
12) Deploy new and emerging methodologies, tools, techniques, and technologies to streamline work and improve quality and productivity.
13) Act as a key interface for external and internal partners. Bridge gaps in knowledge to support stakeholders. Serve as a strong consultative partner to functional leaders and business users to continuously improve products and service delivery. Leverage in-depth knowledge of technology trends and developments to advise leadership and stakeholders on strategic and ad hoc technology requests to develop innovative solutions.
14) Create and revise department policies and standard operating procedures, and ensure compliance with applicable regulations, policies, standards and best practices.
15) Proactively identify, analyze, track and mitigate risks and resolve issues. Coordinate troubleshooting of complex technical issues in real time with external and internal partners, product vendors, service providers and Information Services teams. Facilitate root cause analysis (RCA) and problem resolution.
16) Monitor, analyze, summarize, report and track division, cost center and portfolio level financial performance, risks and opportunities.
17) Regularly monitor, track, and report IT labor, employee and contract positions, and professional services budget, forecast and utilization on recurring operations and projects.
1) 5 year hands-on experience with setting up IT governance, implementing PMO and Agile/ iterative development processes.
2) 3 year experience as a PMO Director with a Big 5 consulting firm (Accenture, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, KPMG, PwC) required.
3) 2 year experience with implementing and utilizing Kanban required.
4) 2 year experience with implementing and optimizing VersionOne or Jira required.
5) Change management experience with driving continuous process improvement.
6) Experience with full lifecycle management of IT systems, detailed planning and delivering successful system upgrades.
7) Experience with product development and systems development lifecycle (SDLC) management.
8) Manage vendor/partner relationship and issue resolution to optimize contract value. Negotiate contracts to ensure best possible outcomes related to scope, timeline, service levels, terms and conditions, pricing and discounts, and payment schedule, etc.
9) Experience with managing vendor performance.
§ Business Architect
§ Product Owner or Product Manager
§ Kanban, Agile Scrum
§ Lean Six Sigma
§ Lean Startup
§ PMI PMP
§ ITSM ITIL
§ Organizational Change Management
§ Healthcare industry regulations and standards: HITRUST, HIPAA.
1) Kanban board, VersionOne, Jira, SmartSheet, MS Project, Slack, SharePoint, DevOps
2) Business case development; Financial modeling; Advanced Excel
3) Well-developed quantitative decision making
4) Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal); can succinctly and clearly communicate, and are ability to produce documents and presentations that are ready for leadership review.
5) Budget planning and management
6) SLA management and reporting
7) ITSM ServiceNow, SysAid, CMDB.