IT Portfolio Analyst, Accounting & Finance
The Program Analyst performs analysis activities that support the decision making regarding matching technology solutions (package selection, configuration, development) with business, user(s), and functional needs from stakeholders. This involves conducting market research, functional comparisons, and staying abreast of what is being done at other law firms and professional services firms. The analyst will also gather requirements, document procedures, and review the methods of the current processes.
The Program Analyst partners with the appropriate business stakeholders and the Program Manager to prioritize and create a project roadmap for their assigned area. With the business and IT teams, they maintain a set of institutional knowledge of what is working well within the program and what needs improvement.
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand and prioritize their needs, creating a roadmap of projects for their assigned area.
- Seek input of user experience and document current procedures and processes to determine potential improvements to their assigned products.
- Stay abreast of best practices being done at other firms and technology developments that may affect the areas. Act as a trusted advisor to stakeholders and the Program Managers to influence the technology decisions for the areas based on this knowledge.
- Analyze and consolidate all perspectives on the project – business needs, requirements, user experience, security, training, risk, time, cost, technology architecture, procurement/vendor management, operational considerations, etc. – to help the Firm reach the best technology decisions.
- Manage the lifecycle of their assigned products, from inception to implementation, throughout production until retirement / upgrade.
- Gather business requirements from project stakeholders to further define the goals and objectives.
- Drives projects and business teams toward achieving intended business results within a specified time and budget.
- Perform risk analyses to identify and resolve critical path issues.
- Prepare and analyze program / project related data.
- Review and report on program / project status.
- Prepare materials for briefings and presentations to large size groups of key decision makers at the executive level.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with Accounting / Finance operations and processes
- Experience with Enterprise Accounting / Financial systems
- Experience with database administration or relational databases and tables
- Experience with creating and maintaining Functional and Technical Specification documents, wireframe mockups/diagrams, test cases/plans, and defect/bug fix management
- Experience in current technology trends
- Jira, Service Now, and Software Development Life Cycle knowledge
- Law firm experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities