IT Project Manager
The Project Manager will manage various IT projects across IT sub-departments, ensuring delivery of high quality projects within time and budget according to a pre-defined, consistent process. This role will also help develop project management best practices and evolve the project management processes as a key member of the Project Management Center of Excellence. The position requires good project management, program management, communication, organizational, and leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with other Project Managers, IT team members, stakeholders and other departments to ensure successful project delivery from project inception through closure.
- Create various project documents, including project charters, project plans, status reports, project risk assessments and project gating presentations. Work with project team to ensure relevant project documentation is created.
- Provide project gating presentations to the IT Directors during the various stage gates of their assigned projects.
- Report on the project pipeline, budget run, risks, issues, and mitigation plans for assigned projects.
- Resolve resource, timing, or other conflicts between projects.
- Contribute to the project management best practices and standards within IT.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing complex, global, enterprise projects including package implementation, client-server and web development at a Project Manager or Team Lead level.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to process and methodology improvements
- Demonstrated knowledge and execution of project management practices, tools, and methodologies, including an appropriate project management tool (Microsoft Project, Workfront, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Business or Management Information Systems
- Legal experience
- Experience with transactional systems, particularly in the accounting, finance or human resources functional areas
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities