IT Solutions Architect
The Solutions Architect will document and analyze business requirements; assess technical options leading to technical decisions and participate in the implementation of the chosen options. The incumbent bridges the gap between business problems and technology solutions providing specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
The Solutions Architect focuses on solution level decisions and analysis of their impact on the overall business goals and outcomes. The incumbent is directly responsible for the following:
- Understanding the business applications and technology landscapes for company
- Leading discussions with business stakeholders and documents (business and technical) requirements
- Leading the business and IT applications assessments, evaluations & solution selection
- Designing and documenting viable technical solution architectures that support the business requirements
- Delivering of solution prototypes
- Participating as SME during project execution
- Aligning with the wider Domain Architecture community
- Translate business and technology requirements into a functional and economical solution architecture solutions.
- Review and consult on the impact of new solutions across multiple domains, including business functions, end user experience, data management, integration.
- Coordinate new development activities and ensure they are consistent and well-integrated with the established enterprise architecture and promote reuse and standards adoption.
- Participate in key project and solution design reviews as part of the methodology process to ensure solutions adhere to enterprise architecture guidelines.
- Development of solution architecture artifacts to address stakeholder concerns.
- Interface with the business community and provide ongoing status reports.
- Monitor regulatory guidelines (such as consumer privacy issues) to determine impact on enterprise architecture.
- Monitor compliance and related guidance (such as data retention and audit requirements) to determine impact on enterprise architecture.
- Monitor emerging industry standards to determine impact on enterprise architecture.
- Support the PMO and delivery functions with technical expertise.
- Lead IT innovation in emerging technology
- Participation into the global Architecture governance process
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 5+ years working as SAP Solution Architect and delivering IT solutions
- Strong SAP Functional knowledge and SAP Basis background:
- Estimate and plan all work effort relating to SAP Basis activities and Technical architecture components
- Review and consult on the applications Backup and Recovery, Disaster recover, High availability strategies and plans. Involved in planning and testing of the DR
- Design technical approach for all systems integrating to SAP
- Manage 3rd party dependencies related to SAP environment
- System landscape design and management experience in operations and project scenarios
- Plan and manage SAP systems maintenance schedule
- Deep understanding of SAP best practices
- Implementation, upgrade and support of the latest SAP systems versions,
- TOGAF Certification (preferable)
- 5+ years of working in multiple solution architecture domains (Business, Application, technology)
- Experience with engineering and software architecture design
- Deep understanding of Application development and application lifecycle management
- Knowledge of project planning and management, including scope, time and resource management.
- Ability to analyze project, program and portfolio needs
- Experience with various information modeling techniques (such as data flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams or create/read/update/delete matrices).
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure and cloud technologies
- IT experience in a global operations environment
- ITIL experience – at least to foundation level
- Excellent communications skills to include fluency in English - both written and verbal
- Leadership, Teamwork, Oral & written Communications, Project Management, Logical Analysis, Stakeholder Management, Business skills and methods, Business Processes, Strategic Planning, Application and integration modelling and design.
- Experience designing and implementing Solution Architecture practices.
- Knowledgeable in the design and construction architectures that enable well-integrated transactional, collaborative solutions.
- Knowledge of problem analysis, structured analysis, and design techniques.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories for a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to influence and negotiate