Location : Pleasant Prairie, WI
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7+
Required Education : Bachelor Degree Preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
As a Senior Java Developer, you'll be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, supporting and maintaining complex Java applications using Uline approved technologies and coding standards. The successful candidate will have over 5 years of Java development experience along with strong Java / J2EE experience on WebSphere or related application servers.
- Assist in project planning.
- Work with architects on designing and implementing critical integrations.
- Take part in object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD) by applying industry best practices and techniques.
- Design, develop, implement, support and maintain complex Java applications based on business requirements, using approved technologies and coding standards.
- Perform design and code reviews to ensure design principles are followed through the implementation of a project.
- Perform thorough testing of developed components in development and testing environments.
- Provide application maintenance and perform production support.
- Create technical design documents.
- Act as a mentor to other developers on programming issues.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- 5+ years Java development experience.
- Strong Java / J2EE experience on WebSphere or related application servers.
- Significant experience in delivering solutions with Spring framework using Spring Boot, JDBC, Security and MVC.
- Extensive experience in developing and consuming REST webservices and working in a micro-service environment.
- Working knowledge of caching, service discovery and circuit-breaker patterns and concepts.
- Expert-level knowledge of JDBC, SQL, database-stored procedures and isolation levels.
- Expert-level knowledge of iBATIS, JPA, Hibernate, SOAP, REST and XML.
- Eclipse plug-in development a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.