Junior Software Engineer - Full Stack and UI focus
This position will be responsible for designing and implementing Full Stack and exceptional GUI based on solid User Experience (UX) design/user feedback and the latest in GUI design techniques. As UI lead, you will be working directly with other development team members and product management to design and implement a highly intuitive and easy-to-navigate Web UI for our industry disrupting platform.
At least 1 year with Python, Django, and Angular or React Java Script Libraries. Experience at a Start-up software company is a big plus!
BS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science from a top-tier school is required!
The successful candidate must have a strong technical background with a minimum of 1 - 5 years of software development experience. The ideal candidate should have directly participated in the development of commercial grade products using agile software practices and a heavily reusable Web component-based, multi-tier architecture. The qualified candidate shall have the ability to deliver high quality code on-time and within established software standards.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
● Web UI development experience w/focus on Presentation Layer Design/Navigation
● Expertise in migrating Frameworks
● Front-end framework using Angular or React
● Web Services - REST, APIs and JSON
● Python language experience is a plus
● Software design patterns (Prototype, Factory, Builder) and software development principles (DRY and SSOT)
SOFT SKILLS REQUIRED:
Must be self motivated and able to work in a focused, fast paced, team-oriented environment. Have passion for the work product you create and be willing to push the envelope in terms of function, fit, and usability. Ability to thrive and work independently in a dynamic startup environment. Possess solid problem solving skills - able to quickly assess problems and determine proper steps to resolution. Desire to be a key impact player - rolling-up the sleeves to do whatever it takes to deliver results at or above expectations. Strong communications skills and the ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization, to promote new ideas effectively.
● A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, or closely related technical field
● Advanced degrees in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other related fields is a major plus.
Chicago, IL (Downtown Loop Location)