We are looking for a Big Data Architect / Developer who specializes in Kafka Architecture to help drive the design, implementation, and adoption of the Kairos’ Streaming Data Platform (SDP). This role will be a key enabler for our cloud-based financial services application that will simplify, automate and facilitate access to financial markets, while improving access to the timely, accurate and relevant data that help businesses optimize for efficiency and profitability. An ideal candidate will have built real time software services platform where large volume messaging is core to the solution set.
You will report to the CEO
- Define strategy and roadmap of the data platform based on Apache Kafka.
- Establish best practices for implementing our SDP based on identified use cases and required integration patterns
- Accelerate our adoption of the Kafka ecosystem by creating a framework for leveraging technologies such as Kafka Connect, KStreams/KSQL, Schema Registry, and other streaming-oriented technology
- Assist in building out the DevOps strategy for hosting and managing our SDP microservice and connector infrastructure in the GCP and AWS cloud
- Explore real-time, predictive analytics and machine learning on operational and business data captured on the SDP to enable new business opportunities
- Mentor existing team members by imparting expert knowledge to build a high-performing team in our NextGen technology
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a Technical discipline and a minimum of 13+ years of related experience, or a Master’s degree and 8+ years of equivalent industry experience, or a PhD and 5+ years of experience. (or equivalent job experience)
- Seasoned messaging expert with extensive, well-rounded background in a diverse set of messaging middleware solutions (commercial, open source, in-house) with in-depth understanding of architectures of such solutions. Examples: Kafka, RabbitMQ, Tibco, IBM, Solace, 29West
- Established track record with Kafka technology [administration, configuration, and troubleshooting], with hands-on production experience and a deep understanding of the Kafka architecture and internals of how it works, along with interplay of architectural components: brokers, Zookeeper, producers/consumers, Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams
- Experience with cloud orchestration and container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes to manage microservices and connectors in the cloud
- Solid programming proficiency with Java, and best practices in development, experience in Go/C++ or C# a plus