Data Engineer - Azure
The Lead Data Engineering Associate will need to design, develop and design projects for clients in the energy & commodities industry. The qualified individual will work closely with clients to ensure that applications meet their needs and keep pace with rapid changes in operations, policies and/or procedures,and can provide reports, analysis and business intelligence.
- Develop, lead and deliver large-scale Azure cloud application development and transformation engagements, helping enterprise customers understand cloud considerations, develop cloud application strategies and helping refactor existing applications for Azure, as well as develop new Azure-based cloud-native applications on Azure PaaS.
- Executing technical feasibility assessments and solution estimations for moving identified databases and integrations to the Azure Platform.
- Design and advocate solutions using modern cloud technologies, design principles, integration points, and automation methods.
- Mentor and share knowledge with customers provide architecture reviews, discussions and prototype.
- Lead engagements (strategy/assessments/migration/implementations.
- Technical aggressiveness, demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and business requirement.
- Work with customers to deploy, manage and audit the best practice use of cloud products
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and supporting enterprise-grade technical solutions in cloud meeting complex business requirements. Experience in Data bricks, R/Python & Data lake, Azure SQL Warehouse, Data Pipelines, No SQL Data in Cosmos DB
- Experience with Big Data architectures running on Azure Data Platform – Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, Data Management Gateway, Azure Storage Options, Document DB, Data Lake Analytics, Stream Analytics, Event Hubs, Azure SQL
- Understanding of writing algorithms and programming logic in .Net/C#
- PowerShell Scripting
- Azure Big Data experience
- Azure ML experience is preferred
- Experience and/or interest in the following concepts and technologies: AI, Robotic Process Automation, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning, Data Science, Natural Language Processing, Blockchain, etc.
Experience & Education:
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience in the Information Technology Industry
- Full-time Bachelor’s /Master’s degree (Science or Engineering preferred) or equivalent experience.