Lead .NET Developer
The COMPANY is an organization that is in active transformation, so this kind of opportunity doesn’t come around ofthen. We’re looking to add a talented individual to join a dynamic group of professionals that are deeply dedicated to advancing the nurse anesthesia profession. While work experience and educational preparation are certainly important, we don’t hire resumes here at the COMPANY, we hire talented individuals based on our culture and values first and one who possess a can-do attitude and drive to do epic things are the most desired characteristics for this position.
The COMPANY is recruiting for a brilliant Developer who loves to code. To be successful in this role, you must be a team player, work smart, have a passion for IT, and are always learning to improve your knowledge and skill set. The new mantra for the COMPANY is “experiment, fail, learn, and repeat,” and we’ll need someone comfortable working in that kind of environment.
The Developer plays a critical role in the application development area of the Information Technology Department and works in tandem with IT Business Analyst and third party vendors. The role will develop, support and maintain various software applications and related databases but also allows for innovative and best-practice approaches to turn conceptual ideas into real, tangible applications and processes. Developers work independently or as part of a small team to develop new systems or enhance existing ones.
Primary emphasis will be focused on core front end/back end development and support of organizational goals, system integration initiatives, and support and development of current and future API and web service integrations with COMPANY systems. Manages short and long-term goals with the plans necessary to accomplish agreed upon goals for areas of responsibility. The COMPANY application foundation is built on top of the Microsoft Development Stack and thus requires a candidate who is knowledgeable in this arena and stays abreast with the continual advances on this stack.
· Develops, and implements applications and interfaces to support COMPANY’s various applications and web sites.
· Produces code which meets functional specifications accurately and with an appropriate level of robustness to handle errors and unexpected content. Code will be self-documented, clearly organized, structured and reusable.
· Contributes to the design document details for architecture, functionality and time estimates.
· Contributes to and improves the software development process;
· Creates work flow charts and diagrams using knowledge of programming and logic to document work.
· Follows development, testing and deployment procedures as developed
· Communicates with project management about status of work and any issues with work in progress.
· Works with the COMPANY marketing teams and web site authors to ensure content is being presented in the desired manner.
· Uses knowledge of .NET MVC, JS, and CSS to manipulate the COMPANY applications and web site within the association content management system (Sitefinity)
· Level 3/4: Mentor and assist other application developers on their technical responsibilities.
Level 4/Lead: Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. Helps sets direction, standard practices, and procedures for the development group. Provides input to management on annual performance reviews.
· Works to support all COMPANY-related applications and systemic processes and objects
· Establishes effective business relationships with COMPANY application vendors to ensure operational, effective, and best-in-class interfaces for data, security, and functionality.
. Key team member in developing, testing, and implementing bug and maintenance needs for all applications.
- Level 4/Lead – 7-10 years’ experience in software development with a combination of the following technologies:
- Development within the .Net framework (ASP.Net, C#, WCF Web services, MVC)
- Microsoft SQL Server Database, Integration and Reporting Services
- Web Forms and Workflow
- Front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap and AngularJS
- HTML and CSS, including HTML5 and CSS3
- 1-2 years’ experience in mentoring and/or leading other developers.
- Ability to explain complex architecture to other technical resources.
- Demonstrated problem-solver with the ability to cope under pressure and coordinate multiple activities in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.
- Knowledge of designing RESTful APIs as microservices, SAML/OAuth/OIDC
Additional experience to set you apart from other candidates:
- 1-3 years’ experience with Aptify OR other best-in-class Associate Management Software platforms.
- Strong familiarity Sitefinity content management system.
- Full understanding of SDLC and exposure to DevOps.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience working with SharePoint 2013 or later, Office 365, SharePoint Online, Azure and Power BI
- Related experience in working with healthcare professional membership associations.
- Experience in a projectized organizational structure.
- Comfortable in a range of project management paradigms: waterfall, agile
- Experience developing and integrating Cloud/SaaS/mobile applications in a hybrid environment and while managing and automating secure web service and API integrations.
- Exposure and demonstrated experience on the LAMP stack of applications and related tools specifically PHP and Word Press.