Linux Systems Engineer
Location : Kenosha, WI
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree Required
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are working on some of the largest and most challenging custom development projects in the Chicago and Milwaukee areas. We are undertaking an impressive modernization initiative to replace our legacy systems.
We took a lot of care to make sure that our technology stack is a blend of the latest proven technologies that are robust enough to withstand the test of time and nimble enough to grow alongside our growing business. Programming frameworks built on .Net and Java are our cornerstone with Angular 2 for our new front end. Supporting systems like Elastic, Git, Consul, Hibernate, Cassandra and Ansible, just to name a few, are also heavily used.
- Design, plan and implement enterprise-wide system solutions.
- Manage and maintain systems and software.
- Support server software and hardware and related applications and systems.
- Design systems that proactively monitor health and performance of systems and infrastructure.
- Implement tools to provide analytic trend analysis, capacity planning and performance data.
- Assist in standardized design of new and existing processes and policies.
- Document existing systems architecture and technology portfolio.
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives for existing systems.
- Research and recommend emerging technologies to increase cost effectiveness, system ability and future expandability.
- Facilitate, lead and document meetings and discussions.
- Act as a liaison between IT management and remote branches and technicians.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- 5+ years in a Linux or Linux/Windows environment
- 5+ years experience with VMWare design, implementation and administration a plus.
- 5+ years experience with DellEMC SAN (VMAX3, VNX, XtremIO) design, implementation and administration a plus.
- Strong PowerShell / WMI Scripting knowledge.
- Experience using server automation, orchestration and configuration tools such as Ansible a plus.
- IT certifications such as MCSA or MCSE a plus.
- Experience supporting Active Directory, DNS and GPO development.
- Experience with HP Proliant servers.
- Knowledge of networking, Ethernet, TCP / IP and remote communications.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues using Wireshark and other network analysis tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in high-availability, fast-paced environments.
- Strong customer service focus and experience with end users.