Why Our Client?
Our client is not a typical financial institution – they're better. They’re an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to our company and the communities they do business in. They love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of their employees say they are a great workplace that is focused on their mission, vision and the future of banking.
What will your day look like?
You will responsible for managing the product quality and delivery for company’s web and mobile applications.
Working in an agile software development environment, the Manager, DevOps & SQA will be responsible for testing, packaging, and delivering high quality products to members in a hybrid cloud environment. This individual must have a proven track record of successfully building, leading, and managing a multi-disciplinary team of Agilists with a strong sense of quality ownership. This is a hands-on job that requires strategic thinking and planning in order to provide leadership and expertise throughout the entire product development life cycle, ensuring the success of the team's manual and automated testing, release and deployment efforts. The Manager, DevOps & SQA will provide regular direction, mentorship, and coaching to team members and third party resources.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Develop templates, tools, metrics and best practices to verify that products meet business and user requirements
- Lead/execute functional and user acceptance test cycles; set up Test lab with hardware/software configurations needed
- Lead/execute the full annual release cycle
- Provide documentation to management and project teams to determine release readiness of products or product features
- Develop release milestones and stakeholder communication plan for product deliveries to production
- Develop the long term strategy for functional testing, non-functional testing, automation, company test and release best practices, and team talent development
- Facilitate development/maintenance of test and release standards/metrics to determine improvement areas and strategies in the overall product development life cycle
- Define, execute, and report results of audits, identifying process gaps/test and release issues and risks
- Optimize and implement creative sourcing engagement processes, ensuring all capital and maintenance projects are delivered on schedule and to company’s quality standards
- Evaluate and/or implement tools needed for test and CI/CD automation
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related, and you have:
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in SQA, Release Management, or DevOps
- 5+ years leading test and release efforts for organization that delivers medium to large, complex IT development projects for transaction-based and data information products is a must
- 3+ years working in an SCRUM/agile software development environment
- Experience developing an overall quality assurance program and overall software release program,
- Experience using Azure DevOps
- Test environment management and release management skills in conjunction with Engineering and Program Management teams are a must
- Experience in executing automated test scripts built in a test tool such as Postman, Cucumber, or Test Café
- Experience in testing Web Software Applications / Database applications produced using .Net Core and/or .Net Framework stacks utilizing C# and SQL Server engineering experience is preferred
- Experience managing local and remote workforce is desired
When you’re happy, they’re happy!
As a thank you for joining their team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off