Manager, IT Change Management
The IT Change Manager will promote IT service excellence and enhance end user experience with new and changing Sidley technologies by successfully managing the change management, user adoption (including user pilot execution), and project-oriented communications for IT. The individual will develop and maintain relationships with Technology Training, Project Managers, Portfolio Directors and Managers, Office/Local IT Managers, and Service Desk personnel to ensure clear, transparent, organized, understandable communications for all major changes within IT. Along with User Experience Analysts s/he will serve as a user advocate on IT projects. This person will also have User Communications, Change Management, and Quality Assurance direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and execute change management plans for various projects, collaborating with leads of impacted functional areas, including Communications, Technology Training, and User Services & Support.
- Manage the overall timeline of the change management components, identifying cross-functional dependencies, key milestones, and critical paths, and ensuring that the overall change management schedule stays aligned with that of the overall IT initiative.
- Monitor and report the status of Change Management initiatives, facilitate resolution of issues, and as appropriate, escalate issues requiring management attention.
- Communicate with overall Project Manager to ensure change management activities align with the overall IT initiative
- Design, develop and execute change management strategies and plans to promote and support end user adoption of technology initiatives while ensuring positive end user experience during the transition period.
- Plan pilots, including pilot objectives, process, participants, scope, communications and feedback.
- Work with Project Managers to ensure that user pilot, user adoption, and communication plans align with overall project timelines and scope.
- Track and analyze pilot feedback data and create reports outlining results and recommendations for fixes, improvements, and enhancements. Ensure escalation and follow-up on all feedback.
- Participate in change control reviews of operational upgrades and maintenance to ensure the end user impact of change events are appropriately identified accurately and in a timely manner.
- Create and execute an IT Communication plan for all assigned projects. Ensure timely review and distribution of communications, working closely with the pertinent IT personnel as necessary.
- Participate in change control process definition to ensure integration of the end user communication process.
- Determine appropriate communication media for IT messages
Quality Assurance Management
- Lead and manage the Quality Assurance team, in charge of all manual and automated testing
- Ensure quality assurance standards at Sidley are met, with an eye toward continuous improvement of the processes, standards, and efficiency of the team
- Participates in hiring, managing and developing members of their team.
- Oversees daily operations and reviews staff work.
- Manages professional development of staff goal setting, coaching and training.
- Prepares annual performance appraisals and provides timely feedback on performance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in working with end user communications and user adoption of technology.
- Experience with end user change management activity planning.
- Demonstrated ability to balance business/user benefit with implementation complexity.
- Experience working as a user advocate during technology design and development.
- Prior law firm experience.
- ProSci Change Management certification
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job