Manager, Software Engineering
Job Description - Manager, Software Engineering
Our Client is looking for an experienced Senior Reference-Data Expert to lead our financial reference-data/security-master team. Our Client is a leader in real-time, large-scale financial risk analytics - operates a large-scale, real-time data environment consuming and storing petabytes of market and analytic data daily at time scales measured in milliseconds. This is an opportunity for an exceptional candidate to join a group with tremendous experience in quantitative financial markets, computer science and data science.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished, hands-on reference-data expert with a passion for listed financial derivatives reference data and security-master data, database design and team leadership. The reference-data expert will be highly skilled at relational-database design, SQL programming, ETL processing, application programming, shell scripting, performance tuning, and query optimization.
As a team leader, the candidate will oversee a small team of reference-data experts, possess managerial experience of people and process.
- Perform team capacity analysis and planning
- Champion best practices of security master and reference database and SQL query design, implementation and execution throughout the organization.
- Design and implement data models, schemas and queries that back Hanweck’s applications in collaboration with the team.
- Review and recommend modifications to existing schemas, indexing, SQL code, etc., to optimize and adhere to best practices.
- Mentor junior members of the team in reference data and best practices.
- Prepare documentation and specifications including database design and standards.
- Provide technical assistance to other team members, participate in code reviews and oversee reference data change management.
- Be a keen team player and collaborate with other team members and business stakeholders
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; concentration equivalent in STEM subject
- Domain expert in security master and derivatives reference data, with 5+ years of experience developing global security master and reference databases and schemas.
- Strong team leadership and customer communication skills.
- Extensive, hands-on experience with reference-database design and implementation for optimal transactional throughput in high-volume systems and in delivering highly scalable solutions using both relational and non-relational data models.
- SQL expert with mastery of implementing complex transactional queries and stored procedures.
- Scripting (Perl, Python, Bash, etc.) and Linux experience, with strong, hands-on experience in Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) techniques and applications.
- Application development experience in an object-oriented language (Java, C#, C++, etc.).
- Expertise in at least one of the main commercial relational databases (e.g., MSSQL, MySQL, ORACLE, DB2) and their SQL languages.
- Ability to take a well-defined data set and use cases and convert to a DB schema optimized for the key use cases.
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at our Client will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at our Client you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.