Marketing Communications Manager
Under the supervision of the VP, Marketing, the Marketing Communications Manager is a key member of the Sales & Marketing team, serving as the primary source of sales enablement and brand awareness for the company. This position is responsible for a range of marketing communications functions including collateral, case studies, tradeshows and digital media. The roles is predominantly focused on being the expert in areas of content development and then supporting that content through communication practices to maximize the reach and impact of each content asset. Additionally, the Marketing Communications Manager supports all internal communication initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a strong brand voice and writing savvy, B2B communications skills that translate features into benefits, practice in content of various formats, and a flare for social media, and other organic marketing channels. He or she will have the ability to keep pace in a fast-moving organization, possessing the ability to both develop strategy and follow through with end-to-end execution.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
Media and Advertising
- Assist in the development and execution of all strategic and tactical marketing initiatives and plans.
- Create and implement marketing/media plans that include print, online, tradeshows and social networking opportunities.
- Concept and write branded advertising campaigns, white papers and other technical content.
- Collaborate with internal teams to assist in the development of new marketing content such as videos, case studies, slide decks, whitepapers, infographics, e-books and any other sales enablement tools.
- Conduct market research to identify effective promotional methods and negotiate media contracts.
- Investigate new media opportunities (print, events, online, advertorials), negotiate rates, and book space.
- Traffic all advertisements to appropriate publications and online venues.
- Develop and maintain internal communication systems (intranet, newsletters, emails, corporate announcements).
- Manage corporate email signatures and mini signature campaigns.
- Create, maintain and strengthen Company’s overall brand in all forms of media (online, print, academic).
- Organize and streamline service offerings into customer friendly concepts.
- Manage printers and other promotional vendors.
- Manage the content of our corporate website and subsidiary sites to ensure that they are current, dynamic, and relevant.
- Write, execute, and deploy email marketing campaigns and web content.
- Consider new ways to further develop our corporate site in order to make it a selling tool.
- Build and manage the company’s social media presence to grow followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters.
- Review web analytics and ad words campaigns on an ongoing basis and generate monthly reports regarding site traffic.
- Create and periodically refresh customer sub-sites with relevant information.
- Coordinate and organize all tradeshow arrangements (registration, shipping, promotion, travel, hotel).
- Provide support during customer visits by preparing conference room and facilitating meals.
- Create and execute publicity campaigns and press releases.
- Write and concept advertorials in addition to getting them published.
- Leverage industry, partner and client social media sites.
- Assist with incoming RFPs including: writing responses, compiling attachments and managing timelines.
- Create new client onboarding communications and materials.
- Collaborate with outbound sales to customize and develop compelling and meaningful presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or other related field and 2 to 4 years related experience.
- Advanced skills in Power Point, Excel, Office 365/Skype, and Word; and basic skills or knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Martech experience relevant to the role of marketing content and communications, such as digital content management/creation (Ex: WordPress, Hubspot, Unbounce, Optimizely, etc.), email marketing/automation on the content/communication side (Ex: Mailchimp, Pardot, etc.), survey and content syndication (Ex: SurveyMonkey, TechValidate, etc.), public relations (Ex: Cision, PRNewswire, HARP, etc.)
- Experience with B2B and/or technology business communications and content development.
- Demonstrated experience in internet architecture, direct mail, print and electronic advertising.
- Superior creative and technical writing skills.
- Keen eye for detail and ability to produce high quality content.
- Experience representing companies at trade events.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and competing work demands. Ability to see the “big picture” while managing several small projects.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to problem-solve job-related issues.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- We are in the vibrant West Loop neighborhood with easy accessibility to mass transit as well as food/drink options
- Building access to rooftop deck for summer meetings, lunches, and company get togethers
- Multiple medical/dental/vision health benefit options offered
- 401(K) savings plan
- Competitive PTO