The Sr. Mechanical Engineer role will require a broad understanding of mechanical design of sheetmetal components, mechanical assemblies, and systems used in the automotive service equipment industry. The position requires the ability to create, modify, and test new designs, qualify suppliers, organize project activities, and deliver completed designs meeting the highest quality standards in our industry. The position will require up to date knowledge of technology trends, best design practices, and high quality manufacturing and supply chain methods.
The position will require strong communication skills working with multi-site development teams. Background in automotive systems, driver assistance systems, and automotive service products is strongly desired.
- 3+ years experience with mechanical component (sheetmetal and machined parts) design and mechanical system design and analysis using Pro/E or Creo.
- 3+ years experience with NPI (New Product Introduction), releasing products into manufacturing, and design and release controls (Engineering Change Notices), problem solving (8D process or similar).
- Working knowledge of UL and CE safety agency standards (e.g.: UL201) are strongly desired.
- Individual must be detail oriented and capable of working independently. Able to understand and contribute to development of complex service procedures with other development team members.
- Assist with product lifecycle decisions with Engineering and Product Management team.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw is strongly desired.
- In depth experience with MS Word, Excel, and parts management databases strongly desired.