Network Analyst I
Network Analyst I
Purpose: Work with a team that assures the availability and efficient operation of the company network and its related computer system software and hardware.
Essential Job Functions and Tasks:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions. Nothing herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign tasks and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Technical Support
- Provide support for company's networking and/or communications environments.
- Consult with users to analyze their needs and determine hardware and software functional specifications.
- Maintain data backup and recovery procedures.
- Generate and analyze reports depicting network/system performance and usage.
- Resolve network/system related problems via logs and error messages and work with vendors to take corrective action.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation.
- Thoroughly detail all tasks and procedures.
- Provide technical support to staff and support Help Desk operations.
- Information Security and Security Compliance
- Adhere to security and security compliance processes and procedures.
- Follow information and PII security best practices when handling company data.
- Follow and document change management process.
- Hardware/Software Installation and Maintenance
- Implement new software releases, preventative maintenance and problem fixes (e.g. service packs, patches, bios upgrades).
- Install, customize and maintain core technologies (Microsoft software, Cisco network devices, HP servers/printers) and any related 3rd party hardware/software.
- Testing and Disaster Recovery
- Participate in disaster recovery tests.
- Evaluate new technology and products.
- One to two years working experience in data/voice networking environments
- Experience installing, customizing and maintaining HP, Cisco, Microsoft, and/or Linux-based technologies
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong proficiency in managing and maintaining Active Directory
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Must be analytically adept, creative, and able to multi-task
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be highly dependable
- Willing to work off hours if warranted
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (i.e. Information Systems Management or Computer Science) or commensurate experience.
- Preferred: Industry recognized certification (Network+, A+, CCNA, MCSE etc.)