Looking for an entrepreneurial, self-motivated Internet of Things (IOT) Node-RED Software Developer with a demonstrated ability to design and develop software solutions to integrate internet connected industrial devices to company’s customer applications, company applications, and cloud applications. This individual is responsible for integrating smart industrial devices to various applications and data sources to optimize product/device operations and performance. He/she will have impact in differentiating the organization and optimizing customer operating environments, by utilizing smart products and industry leading technology to solve and avoid customer problems.
• Keep abreast of industry concepts, products and design strategies associated with IoT products.
• Run workshops to design and develop solutions for connected industrial devices that generate attainable customer value.
• Design and develop software solutions for the integration and value enablement of internet connected industrial devices within the IBM Watson IoT Platform.
• Support the full software development lifecycle, including the on-boarding of both employees and customers.
• Manages Complexity
• Tech Savvy
• Drives Results
Experience and Skill Required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with IT experience.
• Must have 1-2 years MQTT message connectivity protocol professional work history experience to a smart device.
• Must have 1-2 years of Node.js professional work history experience.
• Must have 1-2 years of Node-RED professional work history experience and a strong knowledge of Node-RED. Node-RED is a programming tool for wiring together hardware devices, APIs, and online services. It provides a browser-based editor to wire together flows using Node.js components in the palette that can be deployed to its runtime. The runtime is built on Node.js, taking full advantage of its event-driven, non-blocking model.
• 1-3 years of IBM Watson IoT Platform experience preferred.
• 2-3 years of experience with agile development methodologies and storyboarding user experiences is preferred.
• Experience with eliciting requirements from a cross-functional team of stakeholders and documenting them with standardized methodologies.
• Experience in design thinking, with the ability to guide business users and customers through the process of identifying their needs and determining the user experience that best fits their needs
• Experience integrating to external applications using common SOA methodologies such as web services and restful APIs.