We are a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
As a member of the Facilities team, you’ll have a big impact on the firm and our employee/guest experience by managing the day to day upkeep of our office space with a positive attitude and resourceful, ego-free team.
We pride ourselves on our relentless attention to detail and place an immense value on day-to-day management of our space and resources. There is no storage closet too far and no drawer too deep to escape regular cleaning and organization!
Our team is scrappy and dedicated. We work hard to uphold high standards, while maintaining our ability to stay cool under pressure and roll with the punches.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the daily office upkeep to help curate an outstanding employee and guest experience – maintaining drawers, cabinets, shelving, supply areas, and conference rooms.
- Managing our kitchen, coffee, and snack programs – regularly researching new options and ensuring that we are offering the most diverse, cost-effective options to employees
- Daily restocking of all kitchen items (coffee, snacks, supplies), ensuring presentation is neat and organized
- Researching cost and facilitating orders for groceries, coffee, paper products, office supplies and miscellaneous inventory as needed
- Taking an active role in controlling expenses and inventory; treating company funds as your own
- Facilitating monthly lunches, weekly breakfast orders, and daily food deliveries as needed
- Ensuring equipment such as coffee machines, water dispensers, ice makers, refrigerators, microwaves, toasters, toaster ovens, kitchen tools, utensils, copiers, and A/V equipment are clean and maintained in good working order
- Conducting daily inspections of all spaces to identify service issues or repairs required
- Supplementing nightly janitorial service with periodic clean ups throughout the day in high traffic areas – wiping counters, cleaning up spills, disposing of trash or items left behind after meetings or lunches
- Reception duties and beginning / end of day tasks – handling guests, phone calls, mail and package service
- Manage building visitor request system
- Monitoring the condition of conference rooms during the day, ensuring they are neat and clean and properly stocked – furniture in proper place, chairs pushed in, cords concealed, marker boards wiped clean, drawers organized, free of trash and clutter
- Handling day to day issues with the building – report issues, coordinate work, and monitor progress of repairs to completion (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.)
- Building and maintaining relationships with building staff; attending building meetings as needed
- Monitoring and assessing vendor performance, ensuring services are delivered in accordance with the contracts and to our standards
- Maintaining life safety policy and coordinating yearly fire drills and other applicable trainings
- Working with HR to assist with the employee onboarding and termination processes
- Establishing and maintaining compliance with office policies (guests, conference rooms, furniture in shared spaces, personal item storage, etc.)
- Supervising furniture, equipment, and employee moves
- Maintaining furniture inventory and storage rooms
- Tracking art inventory + locations; assist with maintenance and movement of pieces
- Managing special event setups/breakdowns and execution, equipment requests, or room layouts as needed
- Developing working knowledge of A/V equipment to help troubleshoot issues during meetings
- Serving as point person for maintenance visits, office construction projects, site surveys, etc. as needed by Facilities Manager
- Assisting with tracking of facilities maintenance issues including lights out, repairs to premises, malfunctioning doors/locks, temperature inconsistencies, etc. Note all issues to Facilities Manager.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- A college degree
- 3+ years office management experience required; previous Facilities experience a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- The ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time, and lift and carry up to 30 pounds
- The willingness to be hands-on and do whatever is required to get the job done
- A high degree of integrity in handling confidential information
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to think quickly and creatively to solve problems
- Strong communication skills across the entire organization and ability to work well with limited supervision