Location : Kenosha, WI
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5-7+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree Preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are seeking a seasoned, Platform Engineer who has enterprise company experience to join our team.
- Gain solid understanding of the business process, workflows and data.
- Establish close partnership with the business.
- Work with project managers during scoping and requirements sessions.
- Gather requirements and design and deploy functionality to meet business requirements.
- Assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents.
- Develop test cases and plans to complete the unit testing.
- Provide on-call support for production applications.
- Develop a deep understanding of applications and integration and bring issues to resolution.
- Monitor application performance and improve response times.
- Configure application for the best performance.
- Plan for and apply application software patches.
- Become subject-matter expert (SME) on the software packages you are assigned to support.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- 3+ years hands-on experience administering WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ, Tomcat, JBOSS with installation, support, analysis of logs and performance tuning.
- Experience with CI/CD practice and tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Urbancode Deploy, Ansible is preferred.
- Experience with container orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker Swarm a plus.
- Knowledge of installing and supporting Red Hat Linux. Version 7.6 a plus.
- Strong understanding of network and security concepts, such as DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QOS and ICMP.
- Understanding of network hardware, including switches, routers, access points and basic network troubleshooting.
- Experience and/or familiarity with other technologies, such as RESTful over HTTP.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to collaborate effectively and excel in a team environment.