Principal DevOps Engineer
You’ll have a big impact on the firm across several businesses. You’ll have the opportunity to evolve and shape our infrastructure, and have opportunities to take on new, hard problems.
Our environment is fast-paced and collaborative. We continuously innovate our platforms by applying a critical eye to emerging technology. We value engineers who are curious. We believe blending experience with innovation leads to great ideas.
What you’ll do all day
- Design, implement, maintain and support the platform services associated.
- Configure monitoring and alerting systems for the applications and platform-services.
- Working with the Leadership and be accountable for aligning the team to architectural, technical, functional and performance guidelines related with the CI/CD pipelines.
- Design and implement front-end systems to empower users to configure, deploy, and control their own production processes and pipelines
- Ensure that systems are properly monitored
- Ensure systems are documented and can be easily maintained by all team members
- Ensure disaster recovery solutions are in place, tested, and well documented
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure the proper operation of the new platform.
- Think through hard problems and solve them at all layers of the enterprise
- Automate tasks to drive consistency, reduce complexity, and eliminate human involvement where ever possible
- Work as a part of small, productive development team that puts an emphasis on code quality, continuous delivery, peer reviews, and strong engineering practices
What you need to succeed
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other demanding engineering degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 8+ years Cloud experience in AWS or GCP
- At least 7+ years of professional experience working as a part of a multi-person engineering team that utilizes cloud based technologies, CI pipelines and peer reviews
- Experience with major aspects of cloud computing, like storage, backups, compute resources, auto scaling concerns
- Scripting experience in languages like Python or Bash
- 3+ years working experience in Kubernetes and running Kubernetes in the cloud
- The ability to learn new and unfamiliar technologies quickly, as required.
- Adaptability: while you enjoy establishing process and standards, you understand the need to be flexible and enjoy trying new things.
- Strong understanding of VPCs and general networking configurations that go along with having hybrid on-prem and cloud solutions
- Experience in using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, and CloudFormation
- Experience with monitoring stacks such as ELK or others