The Project Management team is responsible for project execution, alignment and reporting across the organization. This role, and this team, must implement process in a rapidly changing organization while maintaining low-friction. The primary goal of a project manager is to ensure we reach our desired project outcomes as quickly as possible with minimal surprises.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is passionate. You have a genuine passion for technology. You love using technology differently to maximize opportunity and impact for customers and you have a way of bringing out that same fire in your team.
- Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best – whether that’s decreasing system down time or making an innovative change to “how it’s always been done” resulting in a more efficient way of supporting the customer. You challenge yourself by setting goals and exceeding them.
- Is collaborative. You’re excited to work with fellow technologists and big thinkers. You know how to collaborate not only within the department, but also across the organization.
- Wants to make an impact. You’re looking to do amazing work. You value preventing problems from occurring over being caught in the chaos zone putting out fires and looking for the “hero” spotlight.
What you'll do all day:
- Lead the planning and implementation of project(s) throughout the project lifecycle, from initiation through closure and post-mortem
- Define project milestones and track progress against those milestones, communicating at every step along the way
- Maintain project plans, project trackers and project timelines, as required
- Own and resolve any issues that arise during the project
- Be accountable for project outcomes
- Communicate project scope, tasks, deliverables, goals, resources, schedules, and status with internal and external stakeholders
- Debug and, where necessary, quickly escalate project issues/risks that will negatively impact the project
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Systems, Computing Science, or a related field
- Some project management experience, ideally working for a technology company
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to juggle. OK…not literally – but you’ll have to manage many project simultaneously, understanding each of them at a detailed level
- Experience with the Atlassian product suite (i.e. JIRA, Confluence) a plus
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Experience working in a technology company, ideally closely aligned with software delivery teams