Location : Chicago, IL
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+
Required Education : Bachelor's
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Develop maintainable automation framework for C++ and hardware applications using best industry standards.
- Design comprehensive test plans and cases that cover functional and technical specifications, integration, compatibility, and performance.
- Assist other team members with maintaining and troubleshooting automation scripts.
- Provide estimates for tasks needed to execute test plans.
- Perform functional, exploratory and negative testing, documenting test scripts.
- Ensure that test reports provide information needed to quickly assess overall results and efficiently investigate failures. Document defects with steps to reproduce.
- Understand testing objectives and priorities and work with other team members to resolve problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Aid in setting up test environment and ensure that specified test sets are correctly executing on the proper code branches.
- Participate in periodic release activities as required.
Required Qualifications :
- BS in computer science or related field.
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in written and spoken English.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in quality assurance area. Automation experience is a must.
- Minimum 3+ years development experience using C++.
- Experience testing financial trading or risk management systems preferred.
- Experience using Atlassian product suite (Jira, Bamboo, BitBucket) preferred.
- Experience with SQL, preferably MSSQL.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SDLC and STLC.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks effectively in parallel.
- Able to work within an established team and be willing to take direction.