Quantitative Business Analyst
As a Business Analyst you are free to explore unique solutions and try fresh ideas that may benefit our financial services business. You’ll collaborate with our organization’s sharpest minds to use data to drive business decision making.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is passionate. You have a genuine passion for data, modeling and analysis to drive decision making across all levels of the business. You love using technology differently to maximize insight and business impact and you have a way of bringing out that same fire in the people you work with
- Is motivated. You’re driven to be the best – whether that’s decreasing onboarding time or making an innovative change to “how it’s always been done.” You challenge yourself by setting goals and exceeding them
- Is collaborative. You’re excited to work with fellow data junkies and big thinkers. You know how to collaborate across the organization and communicate with less technical team members to find a solution to pain points
- Wants to make an impact. You’re looking to do amazing work. You’re all about using technology to improve efficiency and effect the company's bottom line.
What you’ll do all day:
- Defining and analyzing data that will generate insights and help support our core business
- Building state of the art models
- Acting as a thought leader for the firm with your ideas and projects enabling data driven decision making
- Helping to define best practices within our analytics team to increase efficiency and thus create even more business impact.
- Collaborating with Analytics team members and people across the business to get the best out of the collective team
A few reasons why you might love us:
- We’re a leader in the space. We are recognized for disrupting the financial services industry, enabling fintech standouts like Stash, Robinhood and Betterment. We’ve got an amazing track record of success and we foster ongoing innovation. So you get all the benefits of a proven, growing company, while enjoying a very entrepreneurial culture
- We see data analytics differently. You’ll work with people who apply innovative approaches to analysis and modeling. We are passionate engineers dedicated to finding new and different ways to use technology and data to drive the business forward.
- Your work will have immediate impact. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our business. You won’t be just another talented analyst chained to a desk or ticket queue.
And a few reasons why you may not like working for us:
- You don’t like change. This is not a job for someone who likes “predictable.” We embrace and drive the business toward needed change for our future success.
- You’re not the collaborative type. We work together to ensure the best possible solutions for the business. We think two brains are better than one so we do most of our work together and often with other departments. Team work makes the dream work on this team.
The skills you’ll need to succeed:
- 2-4 years working as a Business Analyst, Quantitative Analyst or comparable experience
- Experience with MS Excel
- Experience with SQL and Python or R
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with statistical analysis techniques
- Familiarity with Sisense, Tableau or similar Data visualization tools