Search Analytics Manager
This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Analytics and will directly support the agile development team that is responsible for the overall Browse and Search experience on the eCommerce website. As part of a cross-functional team of 10-15, this role will be responsible for creating and overseeing the reports and analysis that feed into the development cycle to determine which projects will drive the most potential value and to evaluate the success of features released.
This position will work closely with the Sr. Manager of Search Strategy and the Search Analysts to capture key web data and report on activity and trends in support of the Discover Team, which is responsible for the development and improvement of the Search and Browse path of the website.
- Create and manage reports in Google Analytics, SQL, and BigQuery to support decisions to prioritize new features and report on overall improvements over time by category, platform, feature and user segments.
- Proactively investigate traffic, conversion, and performance trends using customer transaction and web analytics data.
- Create compelling summaries and visualizations of datasets using available tools.
- Create and maintain reports, dashboards, and presentations explaining findings and recommendations.
- Analyze of web KPIs related to the team’s ability to improve the customer experience and movement toward the purchase path.
- Provide training and mentorship to Merchants or Search Analysts in creation and maintenance of reports that they require to help optimize their workflow.
- Position is an individual contributor and has no direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer sciences, information management or another quantitative field.
- 5+ year experience in an online analytics, optimization, data science or business analyst role.
- Advanced knowledge of creating custom reports in Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics or Site Catalyst.
- Very comfortable working with data and numbers and with a high attention to detail, with the ability to quickly grasp complex concepts.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial culture and fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation skills with successful experience presenting complex concepts simply in order to drive decisions and consensus.
- Proactive, with a sense of ownership about one’s work, and able to work with limited supervision and deliver spot-on results.
- Experience in web analytics, especially Google Analytics and Google Big Query.
- Experience with user testing methodologies and user-centered design principles.
- Ability to query using SQL, Python, and R.
- Experience creating automated data reporting solutions.