Senior Applications Engineer Level 2
The Applications Engineer Senior 2 is responsible for coordinating and implementing new components and upgrades to departmental specific packaged applications. This position will lead and participate in a team that reviews, analyzes, evaluates and implements business systems and technical processes to support the Risk Management and Litigation Technology departments. This position is responsible for ensuring the accurate documentation of user needs, program functions, and maintenance processes. The Applications Engineer Senior 2 will coordinate the integration of the Risk Management applications with other systems such as Document Management (iManage), Cost Recovery, Financial, Human Resources, and Client Services. Additional responsibilities include technology ownership of all application integration projects for the Risk Management group.
The Applications Engineer Senior 2 has a leadership role in all Risk Management System and Litigation Technology related projects and efforts and will coordinate efforts between IT, Risk Management and Litigation Technology. The position will be instrumental in leading systems upgrades and conversions in addition to actively managing the relationship with the Risk Management department and Litigation Technology departments.
· Provide Level 3-4 operational or systematic support and maintenance for the Firm’s departmental applications; in some specific cases. Investigates operational or systematic problems and provides resolution using routine analytical skills and tools as necessary.
· Coordinate and implement new components and upgrades to departmental applications. This includes coordination, integration and support of business applications and data. The position will be instrumental in systems upgrades and conversions and actively manage the relationship with various non-IT business departments.
· Adhere to the Firm’s Security and Governance requirements across all administered applications.
· Collaborate with professionals at all levels of the organization.
· Utilize SQL query tools to perform frequent data analysis across various systems, providing clear and accurate data to business users.
· Adhere to the Firm’s IT Service Delivery standards and Change Control processes.
· Develop and maintain troubleshooting and configuration documentation for administered systems.
· Develop or enhance quality control reports and electronic monitoring to assure regulatory and data quality compliance.
· Collaborate with business users in designing and implementing analytics to help them interpret their data in order to make better business decisions.
· Write functional and technical specifications including application design changes and integrations for development.
· Gather information, design, develop, test and implement high-quality, user-friendly solutions to meet the Firm’s goals and strategic objectives.
· Provide 24x7 operational support. On-call support responsibilities are rotated among the members of the Packaged Solutions team.
· 5+ years of experience with SQL Query with SQLserver is required.
· Experience with Risk systems such as Intapp Open, Intapp Conflicts, and Compulaw is required.
· Experience with Litigation Technology systems such as Relativity and Brainspace products preferred.
· Strong understanding of and functional knowledge of Risk Management for various business activities such as: Compliance, Conflicts, Court Docketing, Information Governance, New Business Intake, Preservation Orders, and Records Management.
· Microsoft SQL Server
· Microsoft Internet Information Services
· Windows Server and desktop operating environment