Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
**Previous experience with Subscription Management (and Revenue Recognition) is needed for this role.
We currently seek a Senior Business Analyst to join our Information Systems team, located in Boise, ID, to support our continued business growth. The successful candidate's primary function will be supporting the current implementation of our subscription management and billing system, which is fully integrated with our ERP and CRM platforms, to define requirements for system changes, which may include major changes to existing software, implementation of a new system, and anything in-between.
This role requires a strong grasp of robust ERP and CRM platforms and strong familiarity with quote to cash (quoting, order management, billing, subscription and asset/entitlement management) and revenue recognition process specifically for SaaS businesses. The analyst must have strong communication and thought leadership skills and the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization. The candidate should have advanced skills in gathering and documenting business requirements as well as translating them into both functional and non-functional requirements. This will require collaboration with members from Information Systems, Finance, Operations and R&D to ensure system improvements. You will have the opportunity to set the agenda for driving improvements in our subscription management and billing systems that scale with client's growth strategy.
The successful candidate will enjoy working for an innovative company with smart, passionate people who work hard, have fun and are invested in the success of client and its future! Our client offers a competitive salary and generous benefits that include health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, three weeks of paid time off, nine paid holidays, a flexible work schedule and casual dress environment.
- Develop an understanding of our products and go-to-market strategy
- Develop an understanding of our applications architecture and core business application functions
- Identify and analyze simple to complex business processes that require change/improvement
- Serve as the technical leader and work with business users to define their needs and translate these needs into quantifiable business requirements. Defines current (As-Is) and future (To-Be) scenarios (processes, models, use cases, user stories, plans, and solutions). Build consensus among stakeholders to validate and finalize the requirements
- Provide project leadership by communicating status of deliverables and timelines to interested parties proactively. Document issues thoroughly, maintain current status, and escalate issues appropriately. Regularly update stakeholders on business systems improvement and requirements to evolve the subscription management platform
- Provide support in the evaluation, implementation and utilization of ERP third-party add-on programs
- Work with third-party vendors to implement new solutions
- Manage integrations with other systems
- Enable effective reporting from business applications and partner with analytics to ensure data is captured in source systems
- B.S. in Business, Computer Science or MIS (M.S. preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a senior business analyst or equivalent role
- Subject Matter Expert with core SaaS principles: Quoting, Subscription Management, Billing and Revenue Recognition
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with either a subscription management platform or an enterprise ERP (SAP, Oracle or NetSuite)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus
- Demonstrated experience in business analytics techniques such as gathering requirements, creating use cases, validation and implementation
- Experience with SOX and ASC-606 and their business applications
- Experience using Agile software development methodologies
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and customer engagement)
- Proven ability to analyze and understand complex business processes and data architectures, a plus
- High level of technical aptitude to learn and apply new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Strong skills in driving results
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Serve as a consultant in addressing client problems with creativity and collaboration