Senior Consultant to Senior Manager, Cybersecurity
- Digital Forensics
- Incidence Response - post-client breach, reactive, threat hunting, malware/ransonware analysis & decommissioning, digital forensics
- Application Security - secure SDLC, automation, able to read/write code, GIAC certs, CEH, SAST/DAST (testing), SQL Injection attacks, API attacks
Our Client isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but they act like one.
From day one, their people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means they seek out the best of the best, and then challenge them to make them better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. Our client celebrates driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Their consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
Our client is looking to hire a several experienced Cybersecurity Consultants (Senior Consultant, Manager, Senior Manager) to function as an Incident Commander providing support to their clients. These people will be key players in their Incident Response and Recovery services team providing support to clients during and after a major incident.
Senior Cybersecurity Manager Only
- Work with Cybersecurity practice leaders to set the direction of our offerings, establish ongoing relationships with third parties and clients.
- The Senior Cybersecurity Manager will serve as the core Incident Commander to direct and manage multiple workstreams and resources during Incident Response and Recovery engagements for clients.
- The Incident Commander’s role is to lead the coordination of activities including forensic imaging and analysis, breach containment, and infrastructure recovery planning and execution.
What will you be doing?
These roles (all levels) will likely interface with multiple groups, which could include external parties (e.g., law firms, insurance brokers and underwriters, media / public relations), internal resources, and client resources (e.g., C-Suite, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Security, Cybersecurity, Auditing, Operations, IT, Call Centers, Marketing, Investor Relations, Communications, Public Relations).
In addition, it is expected that this role will work closely with business and technology stakeholders to understand business objectives and advise on security risks and mitigation strategies during incident response. Core responsibilities will include:
- Lead incident response teams and activities during security incidents (e.g., data breaches or ransomware events) – Manager/ Senior Manager level
- Conduct initial incident triage, assess the effectiveness of various tactics/strategies, and make rapid decisions on appropriate courses of action
- Review and recommend technical, processes, and physical controls to counteract damage stemming from breach activities
- Lead reactive and proactive Threat Hunting engagements by performing endpoint, network, and log analysis
- Mentor and grow junior resources to develop additional forensic, response, and threat hunting capabilities – Manager/ Senior Manager levels
- Translate business and technical requirements into concrete projects proposals including detailed work plans and cost estimates to assist in sales efforts and develop client relationships and opportunities
- Promote thought leadership in emerging forensic and investigation technologies; including partnerships, go-to-market offerings, speaking events, and blog posts/whitepapers
We need someone with real world experience in the following:
- Must have 3-10+ years of experience within the information security and / or IT risk management arena
- Experience with incident response management including but not limited to technical recovery, legal or compliance notifications, incident response plan development and table top testing
- Architecture, engineering, and deployment of infrastructure and cybersecurity solutions
- Advanced understanding of application, database, authentication, and network security principles
- Advisory experience in compliance or regulatory frameworks (e.g, HIPAA, PCI, HITRUST, SOC)
- Excellent organizational, verbal, presentation/facilitation, and written communication skills
What else do you need to bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or equivalent industry experience
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification or equivalent highly desired
- Ability to convey complex technical security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences during crisis situations (e.g., executive or board level presentations)
- Ability to work with senior business leaders to understand business objectives, identify risk factors, and communicate effective mitigation strategies
- Experience and relationships with Law Enforcement, Forensic / Incident Response Firms, Cyber Insurance providers, Breach Coaches and Law Firms
- Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements, up to 80%