Senior Data Engineer
Our client is Driving Digital Transformation and Leading Change; this requires big thinkers who bring insight, knowledge, technical acumen and passion for innovation. We offer the opportunity to join a recognized leader in developing and delivering groundbreaking solutions for today’s dynamic global marketplace and an award-winning culture that fosters growth and leadership.
This is a data engineer within our North America team. The data engineer will collaborate within a team of technologists to produce enterprise scale solutions for our clients’ needs. This position will be focused on building out a customer data hubs/profile databases and building data warehouse solutions.
- Deliver quality work on defined tasks with little oversight and direction.
- Ensure all deliverables are of high quality throughout the project by adhering to coding standards and best practices and participating in code reviews.
- Participate in integrated test sessions of components and subsystems on test and production servers.
- Serve as technical resource during software development life cycle to solve business issues through the process of identifying and analyzing detailed requirements that translate into data integration and database system designs.
- Solve business issues through the process of identifying and analyzing detailed requirements that translate business requirements into technical system designs.
- Use information gained through prior experience, knowledge sharing with other Technology Associates, education and training to resolve issues and remove project barriers
- Provide status updates to team members on a regular basis and clearly escalate issues and risks to project management as needed.
- Ability to transform data into actionable information and convert the results of the analysis into a format that is easy to draw insights from and to share with colleagues and peers.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/professional experience is required.
- 5+ years in a data-engineering role with demonstrable experience with data integration and data warehouse projects.
- Experience architecting and building data warehouses, customer profile databases, data marts, etc.
- Knowledge of Apache Beam and programming languages including Java and Python.
- Experience with MPP systems (Google Big Query, AWS Redshift, Azure Datawarehouse).
- Experience with data modeling, warehouse design, and fact/dimension concepts.
- Experience working with different query languages (i.e. T-SQL, PostgreSQL, PL-SQL).
- Experience in data integration projects and automation via ETL Tools (i.e. Talend, Informatica, SSIS, etc.).
- Experience in Hadoop (Hive, Spark, Impala, etc.) ecosystem is a plus.
- Experience working with code repositories and continuous integration (i.e. Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Understanding of development and project methodologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams with other specialized individuals.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.