The Senior Database Administrator will be responsible for
the operations, maintenance, and support of data-driven business applications, its customers, and partners.
This position will work with the data architect, developers, business analysts, and project managers to sustain
production business processes and support critical business strategies.
● Manage vital functions of all development, test, and production databases, including but not limited to
database backup and disaster recovery restore operations, SQL query performance analysis and tuning,
SQL server installation, database storage provisioning and capacity planning, SQL server upgrades,
database server security administration, change management and audit controls.
● Create procedures and implement policies for configuring and deploying SSIS packages to each
development, test, and production SQL Server environment using configuration files, data tables, and
● Routinely monitor production database application processes, automated jobs, “extract, transformation,
and load” (ETL) synchronization jobs and tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
● Proven ability to understand query plans and statistics as to identify performance bottlenecks is a must,
with having a process-based ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues promptly. Assume primary
responsibility during problem resolution.
● Develop and maintain database monitoring processes using native tools and 3rd party software in order
to ensure application performance levels are kept, and to diagnose errors that occur within database
● Collaborate and work with an experienced in-house business intelligence and analytics team that
consists of business analysts, developers, IT administrators, data architects, data scientists, and project
● Coordinate database refreshes with development teams and IT administrators. Responsible for providing
technical support and SQL expertise to IT developers.
● Provides accurate status updates on project tasks and prioritized assignments.
● Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintain a professional
courteous attitude when dealing with coworkers and the general public.
● Performs other duties as necessary/assigned.
The Company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to
be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor limit the Company’s right to assign other functions to
an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is preferred, and/or appropriate
combination of education and experience is required.
Senior Database Administrator
● SQL server database administration skills from a web based application development environment is
necessary, with a preference for maintaining and optimizing databases that are 100 gigabytes in size
● 7+ years of database administration experience with at least 5 years as lead on all aspects of
database administration responsibility of relational database management systems (RDBMS) in a
production environment containing at least 30 SQL servers.
● 6+ years of SQL development experience with creating tables, indexes, data views, complex stored
procedures and triggers.
● 4+ years of experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) functionality of Microsoft SQL
server with regards to SQL server database integrations with other databases and software.
● 3+ years SQL Server support experience and a strong willingness to perform in a support capacity for
IT developers and operations team members.
● 3+ years of experience working with the software development life cycle (SDLC), .NET and Java
programming are required.
● 2+ years of experience with developing reports using SQL Reporting services (SSRS).
● Position requires experience managing multiple projects and requests at the same time. Detail
oriented, self-directed, and able to provide accurate status updates on project tasks and prioritize
assignments. Must possess strong writing and documentation skills.
● Ability to work well in a team environment. Listens well and provides assertive ideas in collaborative
meetings. Assist and mentor junior DBAs, developers, and other IT administrators in SQL concepts
and best practices.
● Familiarity and practical experience in working with modern public cloud environments such as Azure,
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and/or AWS.
● Participate in rotation for weekend and after-hours support of production database environments is
● Thorough understanding of middleware software like WebLogic is desired.
● Experience in automation tools like PowerShell or jenkins.io
● Knowledge of administering Hyperion Essbase is preferred.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL ACTIVITIES:
Ability to hear and speak well enough to converse verbally over the phone and in-person (expressing or
exchanging ideas by means of the spoken or written word). Ability to interpret, evaluate and communicate
detailed written or verbal instructions to others accurately and easily. Able to see well enough to use the
computer effectively and read written communications. Ability to lift, push, pull or carry up to 15 pounds for the
dissemination of documents, supplies, materials, etc. to various locations throughout the office/facility. May be
required to climb stairs depending on the property structure.
The above describes the physical and visual activities that are commonly associated with the performance of
the essential functions of this job. “Commonly associated” is not intended to mean always or only.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided as required by law to enable otherwise qualified employees with
a known disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Office environment, large conventions or meeting environments, and/or onsite at a residential multifamily