Senior Enterprise Architect
The Senior Enterprise Architect assists in achieving its organizational objectives and responding to disruptive technology and market forces by enabling the delivery of business capabilities and stewarding technology resources to their most efficient and effective use. The Senior Enterprise Architect holds the responsibility for:
- Leading the development, maintenance, leverage, and governance of the enterprise architecture (EA) function across the organization.
- Understanding, translating, advocating, supporting, and aligning technology strategy with business strategy.
- Leading enterprise business architecture capabilities in support of current and future business strategy.
- Leading Information Services (IS) division’s technical direction.
- Providing core architectural services including: strategic and scenario-based planning, development of technical strategies and roadmaps, and leadership in the establishment of architectural standards.
- Anticipating industry, technology, and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise business strategy, direction, and technical direction.
- Promoting, communicating, and driving support for enterprise architecture (EA) value, goals, objectives, and proposals.
- Leading the execution of change to enable desired enterprise outcomes.
Qualifications for this role
- Able to demonstrate and model leadership competencies; seeks to strengthen leadership competencies in self and others
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills including an ability to interact and communicate effectively at various levels of the organization
- Able to translate complex technical issues and concepts into business or lay terms targeted by stakeholder level of knowledge/understanding.
- Able to produce and deliver clear, concise, and compelling written documents and presentations
- Proven competency and desire to inform, advise, and educate stakeholders on IS capabilities, as well as strategy, tactics, and plans.
- Proven people and team management skills in a complex, matrixed environment
- Knowledge of all components of a holistic enterprise architecture
- Long- and short-range strategy development, with strategic modeling and planning skills
- Strong business acumen: working knowledge of industry, major business processes, and metrics.
- Strong experience with business architecture, process, and performance modeling capabilities
- Strong experience with financial analysis, benchmarking, and graphical modeling (approaches, tools, and repositories) capabilities
- Strong executive level presence, presentation development, and communication experience
- Uses effective change management processes for overcoming resistance to innovation
- Effective demonstration of leadership efforts within team structures.
- Working knowledge of enterprise architecture governance policies and practices.
- Personnel management skills
- Strong technical leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering and related integrations
- Comprehensive knowledge of cloud-based web delivery, microservices, and associated technologies
- Broad understanding of current and emerging technology trends and their applications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science/business administration or related field is required; equivalent work experience will be considered
- Three to five years of experience as a successful Enterprise Architect
- Seven to 10 years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as business architecture, technical architecture, solution architecture, application development, middleware design, information/data architecture) in a heterogeneous environment
- Experience with enterprise system cloud migrations
- Substantive experience building enterprise architecture roadmaps, future state modeling, business architecture, and financial/performance modeling
- Substantive experience with business architecture, capability, process and performance modeling
- Substantive experience designing, integrating, and managing complex technical and infrastructure solutions
- Seven to 10 years’ experience in IS technical leadership roles.
- Seven to 10 years’ experience in people and team management roles.
- Experience with LeanIX or similar EA/Business Architecture tool
- Experience leading others without direct authority