Senior Full Stack SWE (Java/ React)
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Our client’s mission is to help millions of high school students each year realize their dreams of discovering and getting into the right college for them. We get excited about converting a confusing, high-stress time in a student's life and turning it into a simple, organized, pursuit for the perfect fit. Our client is growing and needs innovators like you to support our mission. Join our team today and help connect students to their dreams.
Senior Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer, you'll be joining our superb engineering team to work on exciting projects that feed into our bi-weekly release cycle. Software Engineers are an essential part of our client and use modern tools such as React, Redux, Java 11, JPA, and service architectures to build high-quality systems. Our client also promotes a culture of learning so you can look forward to growing your skills and career as a full-stack engineer. If you're passionate about technology and innovation then join our team.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of web development experience or 3+ years for a Senior role
- Real-world experience with React or Java and we'll provide training/mentoring if needed
- Strong problem-solving skills, commitment to quality, and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Research, design, and develop innovative features for website
- Build efficient and reusable systems
- Collaborate with our Product and Design team
- Familiarity with UI test frameworks such as Jasmine, JEST, Mocha, etc.
- Familiarity with Java and related technologies such as Spring, Lombok, JPA, etc.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or equivalent
- Ability to architect and lead full-stack implementations
- Experience breaking down implementation tasks, mentoring team members, and assigning duties
- Proficient in building responsive cross-browser UI's
- Knowledge of usability and modern web standards